Hertford/Ware places to go with three year old DS

(6 Posts)
Peabody25 Tue 26-Jul-16 08:34:08

We're coming to Hertford later this year to visit relatives and staying at the premier inn in ware with three year old DS.

Any recommendations for things to do while we're there apart from visit London? We've been to Hartham common and Van Hages garden centre on previous visits. Any other ideas, particularly if it's raining?

Thank you

bruffin Tue 26-Jul-16 12:23:17

Paradise Wildlife Park

happyhorse Tue 26-Jul-16 17:53:26

Hertford museum - it's small but has a play shop upstairs that kept DS amused at that age. There's also a playground in the castle grounds and a river for catching tiddlers. With a cafe lunch and a trip to the sweet shop it's quite a nice day out. You can check if there's anything on for children at Hertford theatre. There's a pottery cafe (Manic Ceramics) in Hertford.

Hatfield House and farm
Lee Valley park farm
Hemel Hempstead snow dome for sledging
Celtic Harmony
Royal Gunpowder Mills
....all good days out.

Woody's playbarn is a soft play in Ware. I think they also have crazy golf.

Have a look at the 'days out with the kids' website. I find that really useful for seeing what's about.

BikeRider33 Tue 26-Jul-16 18:29:25

If you're there at a weekend then Scott's grotto is good - but only open Saturday's

Peabody25 Wed 27-Jul-16 08:20:24

These are all fantastic, thanks all.

SnookyWookyWooWoo Wed 27-Jul-16 23:38:40

100% visit rye assic adventure park in hoddesdon. Loads for kids to do even on a wet day. There is soft play, bowling, electric boats etc, outdoor adventure playground, crazy golf, trampolines, cave maze, bouncy castle and slide, ride on electric cars and more. The kids lunch boxes are dirt cheap. Love that place for my two.

Cedars park in cheshunt is lovely if it's nice weather. Great Park with a track all the way round for scooters and bikes. Giant wooden animals dotted about for climbing on, huge chalkboard, maze, pets corner and lovely cafe plus nice pond for feeding ducks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now