Is it possible to get a seat on the train from Bayford or Berkhamsted?

(5 Posts)
hg1970 Thu 22-Sep-16 17:46:04

Hi there

I want to move out of LOndon and commute but want to get a seat on the train in the morning, reliably

Is it possible to do this from Bayford or Berkhamsted?

I've heard Leighton Buzzard is good and Letchworth, but I liked the sound of Bayford and Berkhamsted

Any tips much appreciated

LetchworthHamster Thu 22-Sep-16 20:04:13

No idea. But if I go to the end of the train in Letchworth I can reliably get a seat on the 7:46 or 8:01 into London.

Lalaletchworth Thu 22-Sep-16 20:28:28

Not possible on the 8.39 from Letchworth tho and v rarely on the 8.29!
Which are the earliest I can get after dropping off kids so worth knowing your childcare arrangements OP and what time you hope to get a train

Wigeon Thu 22-Sep-16 21:18:15

It almost certainly depends on the time. How early are you prepared to get up? I catch the 7.05am from another Hertfordshire station which is 20 mins from London and get one of the last seats. You can get a seat on the 7.12 but by 7.30 or so you might struggle.

hg1970 Fri 23-Sep-16 10:50:04

Thanks for the tips. I thought Letchworth would have more as the train website says it does. So good to get local knowledge. Any other suggestions much appreciated. Maybe I'll think of St Neots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now