Kids used knickers and sox

(4 Posts)
Ffreddie Tue 18-Oct-16 13:18:57

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas of where I can donate a couple of bags of my kids used knickers and sox. I am sure there are homeless/on the run from dv/very poor mums out there, or refugees who would be glad of them. But everywhere I have asked so far has stuck their nose up about the fact that they are used, even though none of them have been poo'd in, and they are all in good condition and been washed in a machine at 90 degrees FHS! I just hate to think of them just adding to the landfill...

inthevillage Tue 18-Oct-16 19:53:09

I often pass them on to the nursery and reception at our schoool. They like to have some spare in case of 'accidents'. They probably don't need 2 bagful though!

Ffreddie Tue 18-Oct-16 21:22:55

Yes, I did that with the last lot I had, but these are now around 5-8yr old sizes - too big for nursery kids. Lol!

ReallyTired Wed 19-Oct-16 09:47:14

Charity shops can recycle rags which are often made into things like loft insulation.

I can understand people not wanting second hand knickers. I am surprised people turn their noses up at second hand socks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now