Local Talk

Can anyone recommend a caterer in this area?

(8 Posts)

Bit of a long shot as there only seem to be 3 of us here, but I'm looking for a caterer (pref smallish who can do tailored service on a budget) for dd's Christening next month. The one I was intending to use has sadly just had to let me down, and the others that I've used before look like they might have stopped trading, as websites no longer work, and phones aren't being answered .

Would any of these be able to help? Dont know anything about them but they might be of some help.

http://www.accessplace.com/caterer/hertfordshire/hitchin.htm

Debbiethemum Thu 14-Jun-07 13:17:09

J West Caterers 2002 Ltd
39 High Road
Wormley
Broxbourne
EN10 6HT
Telephone: 01992 465261

We used these people (9 years ago yesterday), for our wedding. They did some fantastic food and the service was great etc. Sorry I don't have a more recent recommendation

Whoooosh Thu 14-Jun-07 16:46:11

Will watch this with interest as I have never managed to find one-although see Pennies has recommended one on the other thread.

Happy anniversary for yesterday Debbie! Funnily enough, we used to live on High Rd, Broxbourne! I will give them a call if the rest of the people I've contacted also prove to be unavailable (a recurrent theme so far).

I quite liked the look of LeonCatering, but they sadly aren't available.
Pennies recommended The Lobster Pot in Welwyn, who also look good and quite reasonably priced, but also cannot make the date.
Kingfisher are also booked up.
Waiting to hear from Carolyn Williams and Hansons (who I've used before a few years ago).

mpmi - haven't seen you around for ages! Have you been here all along but just not on the same threads as me? I'm still going to TumbleTots by you, and to the local toddler group on Wednesdays. You don't go to that do you (can't remember the ages of your children- will check your profile in a sec!)?

Hello Cant sleep,
Havent posted on here for ages although im always lurking.

I have a 2 year old dd,but dont go to the toddler group,even though i only live just up the road from it.

Just thought I'd let you know that I've now found someone, who is based in Tring. Will post a link to her details if she turns out to be any good! Certainly sounded lovely when I spoke to her tonight .

Carolyn Williams Catering

Just providing a link as I said I would if she proved to be any good.

We were delighted with her food, as were all of our guests. Highly recommend her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now