Local Talk

Due in December live in Welwyn Garden City

(7 Posts)
kerrlou Wed 29-Aug-07 13:25:35

Hello - just worked out how to get onto local - don't ask - As above am expecting my first child in December (bit of a late starter - am 35). Just wondering whether anyone in area due around the same time or whether those who have already had children have any tips re; local facilities/recommendations for antenatal classes mother and baby classes etc. Would love to hear from you.

Thanks

justbeme Tue 04-Sep-07 14:59:20

hi - i live in old hatfield and have just had a baby in july. i posted a similar question on the st albans site but havent had much response. my antenatal classes were via nhs - not v good - an alternative is to have a look on the welwyn nct site - although you pay for these.
ive just gone to bumps and babies at hatfield on a fri - they have one in wgc on a wed i think - so you could go there when on maternity leave - also see nct site.
Im finding my feet in the area as well as you can see!!

kerrlou Wed 05-Sep-07 15:35:07

Cheers justbeme v helpful to know about antenatal classes - did look on NCT website and had thought would save money on going NHS - not so sure now! Also thanks for info re bumps and babies - will find out about that for sure - did you have your baby at QE11? If so, how was it?

justbeme Thu 06-Sep-07 16:06:43

thats ok - yes had her at QE2.
i think its a case of luck wherever u go to give birth - unfortunately my midwife wasnt the best and ive complained - but by the time u have yrs she'll hopefully have changed and hopefully u wont get her anyway !!!
they wanted me out after 24hrs - so not too bad, although they allowed people to use mobiles on the ward and one woman chatted constantly on hers from 20:00 to 0:00!!
but having seen some maternity programmes on tv recently it wasnt as bad as those hospitals.

Jossiejump Thu 06-Sep-07 22:53:10

I was at the QE2 today and there was a notice about the NCT bumps and babes in the Peartree centre (can't remember what it said). NCT bumps and babes is free, you don't have to be a member to go to the groups

Caroline1852 Wed 19-Sep-07 14:04:41

Hi there. I had my ds (7 weeks) and dd (21 months) at QEII. I think the ante natal care was absolutely hopeless (I hate the portacabin and they always seemed to be running late) but the experience on the maternity ward was good both times. I hope that helps. Good luck.

justbeme Thu 20-Sep-07 16:03:10

I went to the bumps and babies yesterday - wednesday - 2-4 at the free church opposite sainsburys - has its own free parking.
No Bumps there tho - but v nice people. £1 a visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now