Local Talk

Birthday parties - any suggestions?

(6 Posts)
CJCregg Mon 22-Jun-09 19:28:30

Does anyone have any ideas for venues for a 4-year-old girl's birthday party? Have looked at re:create and the Pottery Project so far ...

Any contributions gratefully received!

Haribosmummy Mon 22-Jun-09 19:43:14

Kidszone do parties... Can't comment on what they are like though!

Re-create are supposed to be good. my DSD2 had a recycled themed party there which I think she enjoyed.

my step daughters were both crazy about fuzzy duzzy when they were younger. He was a real hit!!

If I think of anymore, I'll come back! smile

CJCregg Mon 22-Jun-09 20:55:20

Thanks - I'm really trying to avoid the Kidzone route. We're going to one on Friday, and there are so many, they all feel the same.

I'm not sure of numbers - DD's birthday is bang in the middle of August, so not sure how many people will be around. But need to get invitations out early. Chicken and egg!

Am thinking maybe a farm, look fun and a bit different.

Haribosmummy Mon 22-Jun-09 21:12:44

Have you tried Mead Open Farm?
My DS loves that place it's not TOO far from Berkhamsted...

Or Whipsnade? They do weddings so must do parties!!

There is a place called 'The Little gym' in Harpenden which I take DS to - it's great there and I'm sure the parties they do would be a lot of fun... But that's a bit of a drive!!

Will have another think about farms...

ineedcoffee Tue 07-Jul-09 11:06:05

Hi - have you tried Big Space in Harpenden?
Not too far out - and its fab for grown-ups too. Comfy chairs and lovely coffee.
Went to a party there last week and it was sooo quiet that party kids had place to themselves! Doubt its like that in the middle of winter though!!

salhead Sat 26-Jun-10 18:25:44

my son was happy with a bouncy castle in the garden with a load of his mates until he was 5 or 6...the simple ideas were the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now