Local Talk

Nanny needed in Hertford / Welwyn area ASAP

(10 Posts)
Pennies Sun 31-Jan-10 17:02:29

Kind, friendly and capable nanny-housekeeper needed to help with two children (girls, aged 4 & 5) and the running of the house.

The job would entail helping getting the children ready for school, occasional school run, light housework (tidying, laundry and cooking for the family), homework and reading, giving the children tea and doing bedtimes. Full time help with the children would be required during school holidays.

I am looking for someone with a mature and positive outlook, who can help a family through a difficult time as I will be shortly undergoing treatment for cancer.

You need to be able to be proactive about arranging activities for the children, creative, organised and a competent cook. I am looking for someone who enjoys spending time outside as well as mucking around indoors.

I am looking for someone who has a proven track record (5 yrs +) of working with similarly aged children.

Monday to Friday, 7.30am - 7.30pm.

Permanent, live out position.

Salary up to £400 per week net.

You will also have:
* A full, clean driving license
* Your own car, although use of the family car can be arranged
* A current First Aid Certificate
* A current CRB check
* Two employers references
* A full command of English required (to assist with homework etc), preferably mother tongue.

If you are interested in applying, please CAT me via Mumsnet.

Can't help with the nanny Pennies, but very sorry to hear about the cancer.

If there is anything that I can do to help then please let me know - am still on same email.

MrsJohnDeere Sun 31-Jan-10 19:03:28

Pennies,

I know an excellent nanny who meets (almost) all your criteria and is currently looking for employment (her previous employers have recently moved overseas). She lives/works in the Hitchin area.

I should be seeing her tomorrow at ds1's pre-school so will point her in the direction of this thread, if that's ok.

Pennies Sun 31-Jan-10 20:02:45

Thanks CSWS - haven't seen you on here for ages. Hope all is well!

MrsJohnDeere - which part of the "almost" is she missing? wink Seriously, though if you could point her in my direction I'd be grateful.

Yes all well here thank you Pennies. I'm on ante-natal these days as expecting number 3 in June!

Am I right to assume that it is breast cancer? I do hope that it's not too severe, as cancers go. Sorry, hard to word that quite right, but hopefully ykwim.

MrsJohnDeere Mon 01-Feb-10 09:16:51

Pennies - the bit that is missing is the reference from her most recent employer. Long story but they flitted overseas almost overnight owing lots of people money (and the nanny herself several months wages).

Pennies Mon 01-Feb-10 10:31:46

I can live with that so long as she's got some other ones I can see.

What bastards some people can be just buggering off like that.

MrsJohnDeere Mon 01-Feb-10 16:11:00

Pennies - I didn't see her today (ds1 didn't go to pre-school because of a yucky cold) but should see her tomorrow morning. Didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about this.

MrsJohnDeere Tue 02-Feb-10 14:04:24

Pennies - sorry, no luck with this. She's been offered a permanent job much closer to home with people she's been doing some temporary nannying for.

Hope you find someone suitable soon.

Pennies Wed 03-Feb-10 12:07:51

Oh well, never mind. Thanks so much for asking though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now