Local Talk

Asperger Support - Your Views needed please

(2 Posts)
aspergersupport Sat 23-Feb-13 11:33:15

Hi

I am looking to start an Asperger support group in the Harpenden / St Albans area and am interested in any views, any comments, anything that you would like to find in Hertfordshire. Do you think the coffee morning / social group is helpful? Would you like to see more talks? More activities?
personally, with a daughter of 16+ I think we lack life skills / employability skills, confidence building facilities and would like to see workshops in our area.. What do you think?

I am not looking to replicate any of the support groups that are already running in our area, I am hoping to provide a service to our young people that is currently missing from Hertfordshire, if there is a need.

Veggiegirl1 Thu 11-Apr-13 11:19:32

A lot of the groups for children with ASD and AS seem to be on the other side of the county. Social groups and activities in this area would be good.

I have a child with high functioning ASD who is 6 and we are often very isolated especially in the holidays and not getting out doesn't help his social skills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now