Local Talk

Anyone near Hemel fancy meeting up?

(27 Posts)
MrsMallow Tue 26-Feb-13 20:37:43

Would love to meet some other MNers. Been here about 2 years, but have found it hard to meet people.

Me!! We only moved here in November from SE London, so I don't know anybody either really. Would love to get to know some locals grin

I'm in the Boxmoor area but happy to wander round all over!

MrsMallow Sat 02-Mar-13 00:03:53

Ooh excellent! Would love to meet you smile We're over in Grovehill, but Hemel is small enough to meet anywhere really smile

It certainly is - I have to admit I'm loving that most things are now no more than a few miles away. I'd kind of got used to having to travel an hour to do anything or meet people back in London.

It would be great to meet up for a coffee in town or something along those lines!

Do you have DC? I have three, during the week one is in school (6) but the other two (4 and nearly 2) are with me most days except when I throw them into nursery on Thursdays so I can get stuff done. Happy to meet up with or without the DC smile

MrsMallow Sun 03-Mar-13 20:31:31

I've got one (almost) 1 year old boy. His dad is able to look after him if we are meeting without kids. Or I could bring him. Or bring the both of them. grin

Coffee in town would be fantastic, any preference?

OliviaMumsnetHerts Mon 04-Mar-13 11:14:57

Ooh this sounds brilliant

inthevillage Mon 04-Mar-13 16:11:33

Hey you two! Hope you have a lovely meet up.

If you fancy venturing further afield, and expanding the group, I've started a thread suggesting a meet up at Hunton Bridge on 4 April.

Maybe that could be your second date?

MrsMallow Mon 04-Mar-13 16:14:32

Oh hell yeah, that's nice and easy to get to smile

So sorry for disappearing!! I thought there hadn't been any more posts but I fail at spotting things blush blush I promise I wasn't ignoring you!!

I would suggest Tikkis in town, or the one at the top end of the Marlowes shopping centre - I can't remember the name, but it's near Sports Direct and one of the six million EE shops. Both of those have children's playthings at the back, so we could bring the little ones along.

Fridays I only have the smallest so maybe that would be a good day? I have absolutely nothing on any Fridays between now and Easter!

OliviaMumsnetHerts - Do you fancy coming along too? grin

inthevillage - Oooh, that would be fab as well! I'd have my six year old with me as it's the holidays but the other two would be at nursery.

Haven't been to Tikkis yet, so might be worth a try. And Fridays are great for me.

Question is, DH or no DH? smile

Also, woohoo, my name has changed to my normal name. Just in case it isn't clear, I'm the OP.

Ha ha, what are the odds!! Must be something about round here that brings on this username!

It's my third username - my first one I had to give up when my MIL found it (at least she told me..) after I posted DS's name on baby names when we were naming him and she googled his new name. The second one had "Nigel" in it but then I soon spotted somebody else had a name with "Nigel" which had a similar sentiment. This one I picked after feeling sure nobody else had it.. then I think about a month or so after I spotted you!! I couldn't be doing with changing it yet again <guilt> and as I don't post a huge amount I just hoped nobody got us mixed up!

DH works during the week so I'd be on my own, but feel free to bring along your DH if you want to!

What Friday would work well for you? I can actually do tomorrow, but that's probably quite short notice! Otherwise any Friday pretty much grin

Haha, couldn't make it up could you? grin

Tomorrow is good for us, what time is best for you? Shall drag DH out with me

1pm would work out well for me as I have to take an unplanned trip to Berko in the morning to pick up our hopefully fixed car after it failed its MOT today, grr.

I'll PM you my number in case I'm likely to be late or anything and a brief description of what I look like!

Tikis (can never remember if it has one k or two!) is quite big and can get quite busy, so we might not be able to easily spot each other. I wonder if we should meet up some place nearby first? The forecast is for rain tomorrow, so how about just inside the doors of the Marlowes shopping centre opposite?

Doh, I am an idiot - you knowing my number is not going to help if I'm going to be late! More like the other way round!!

That sounds good, I'll be the one in the bright pink boots grin Shall PM you my number now

Was lovely meeting you! We'll definitely have to meet again soon. Hopefully DS will be in a better mood next time

It was lovely meeting you too! Definitely must meet up again - I'm pretty sure it will be my DS being grumpy the next time.. or one of my DDs! Mondays are fairly busy as there's swimming lessons and stuff, but most of the time I'm free and there's always the weekends too grin

legume24 Tue 09-Apr-13 20:27:26

I'm new to the area (Tring) and would to meet up with my DS smile or without. I need to explore the area so i'm happy to meet up anywhere. Moved up from SE London but i'm a Lancashire lass grin

AlexMi Mon 22-Apr-13 15:26:01

Hi. I live in Berko, moved up from London just over a year ago but have found it difficult to meet people due to work! I have a 2 year old boy and a 2week old girl. Would love to meet up for coffee/chat/moan!!
Alex

CallieC Mon 06-May-13 14:22:43

Hi, hemel here too. Anyone still checking this thread??

I'm back again, drama has died down a bit. Who fancies meeting up?

DrownedGirl Sat 21-Dec-13 08:15:32

Can I resurrect this thread?

DrOetker Sun 29-Dec-13 20:02:58

Hi,
I am from Hemel, too. It would be nice to organize a meeting or just to have live chat here.
If you feel lonely, you can also try to look around church meetings, they have baby groups and also meetings for parents, dads, diy clubs, etc.

Willaby Wed 08-Jan-14 13:49:53

Do add your Meet-ups to the Meet-ups Page on the Mumsnet Herts site, here: http://local.mumsnet.com/hertfordshire/meet-ups

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now