Local Talk

Moving to near High Wycombe for good state schools and nice neighbourhood, please advise

(6 Posts)
Spiderlo Sat 22-Sep-12 19:22:39

Hi I'm new to mumsnet, glad i found this net to get to learn more about being a parent.

I'm planning to move back to England early next year (2013) with my 9 year old boy as my husband passed away last year. Having been a working mum all my life, i'm planning to move back to England and be a full time mum and spend more time with my boy before he goes with his peers when he turns teenage. I'm looking to move to somewhere in buckinghamshire which good state schools with nice neighbourhood.

Having worked in the city and lived in west London before i like Marlow and nearby towns. As i won't be working for some time so commuting is not an issue for me. However, i cant get my boy into a school until i have an address. I can't rent a place until i know which school my boy will be going.

I like the RGS but any options if can't get into grammar school. Also he's likely to start after Easter so it will be late Year 5, i need to apply in year in a primary.

Can you all wonderful mums give me some advice, I believe i'm looking for somewhere with good primary/secondary schools and a nice and safe neighbourhood.

Thank you all.

Dordeydoo Tue 25-Sep-12 23:46:02

Marlow would be a bit far out to get your son into the RGS but from Marlow you may get him into John Hamden (spelling??)

For the RGS you want to look at areas like Hazelmere, Widmer End. Widmer End is a little village (very friendly) with a school which is great

Spiderlo Thu 27-Sep-12 14:39:20

thank you Dordeydoo, sorry didn't check on the message. Can you tell me what are other options if my boy cant' get into RGS. I still prefer the RGS if i move into bucks.

Hope someone can give me more advice. Thankyou.

Dordeydoo Thu 27-Sep-12 18:10:41

The John Hamden - all boys grammar school
Lots of secondary schools

Cheneen Tue 09-Oct-12 19:17:17

Can you give some names of good secondary schools in high Wycombe area? Moving there next year.

somethingscary Tue 09-Oct-12 19:26:15

In Buckinghamshire you have to be a bit careful to be near some good Upper Schools too in case your DC doesn't pass the 11plus. I would ask on www.elevenplusexams.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now