Local Talk

anyone in lochalsh?

(5 Posts)
josamosa Fri 18-May-12 14:54:31

any posters with information on primary schooling around plockton?

oricella Fri 18-May-12 15:07:23

Not quite in Lochalsh - but I imagine choice is fairly limited. No agony up here on school catchments and first, second and other choices. Have you checked out the Highland council info? Looks like, apart from Plockton, there are schools in Kyle, Auchtertyre and Lochcarron

josamosa Mon 21-May-12 09:22:50

Yes, had checked but not a lot to go on. Visiting at weekend and will ask around. Many Thanks

oricella Mon 21-May-12 16:05:35

Looks like you picked a good weekend for visiting - the sun is finally coming out in these parts

In my experience most schools in rural highlands are decent and choice is primarily determined by where you live. If you still have flexibility in that and want to take different schools into account, you might want to consider school sizes - some of them will be very tiny, and I know of a fair few children that go to school outside their catchment because parents prefer them to have a bigger pool of playmates. If you're in a class of 4 kids and you don't get on with 2, than that would be hard going - but you might like the idea of a small school. Just phone them and ask if you can stop by for a bit

josamosa Mon 21-May-12 20:38:38

I know...but I'm still packing the all seasons travel kit...will be near Skye after all! Do you think the school wouldn't mind the interruption? I had wondered about dropping in but maybe one step at a time...get the feel of the place, speak on phone.... I'll see how it pans out....if i get a good feeling i'll pop in Monday. Thanks for the chat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now