Local Talk

Local Primary schools & areas around Inverness

(10 Posts)
JPalethorpe Sat 19-Jan-13 18:55:00

Hi,
Can anyone shine a little well needed light my way?
We are currently in the process of changing jobs which will mean a relocation to the Inverness area. My husband will be based in Inverness itself.
We have a 6 yr old who is in a fab school in the East Mids' and we would love to get her into a similar good school when we move. Not sure which area we will be relocating to but looking for a smaller village/town outside of Inverness - any suggestions?? We don't know the area too well but would be grateful for any local advise!!
We need to be within close proximity of a primary and nursery (for our two yr old in the next yr), a few local shops and a nice friendly community.

Thanks for any info.

Julie

DespotToddler Thu 24-Jan-13 20:17:47

What radius are you looking at - how far would your husban?

sotalia Sun 27-Jan-13 08:25:42

lucky you... it's lovely up here and plenty of choice on where to move to (maybe too much). When we first came up we looked west of Inverness - Beauly, Black Isle, Dingwall, Strathpeffer, Evanton. Schoolwise I think most primaries in this area are pretty good, but I think a main consideration could be what size of school you are comfortable with: it ranges from the very small (composite classes), to medium (1 class per year) to quite large (several classes per year (Ding/the new Conon school). PM if you have questions on specific villages/towns/schools in this direction

JPalethorpe Mon 28-Jan-13 19:02:08

Hi DespotToddler - Hubby is working for the emergency services and so needs to be within around 10-15 miles of Inverness. I know that probably widens the area considerably but any hints and tips would be appreciated. Xx

JPalethorpe Mon 28-Jan-13 19:08:05

Hi Sotalia. Have you been up there long? It sounds as though you would highly recommend it. That's really positive.
I have started looking around Dingwall/Evanton but until we come up for a visit it's hard to get a full picture of the area. The schools sound very good up there and obviously that and the area are the two prime concerns. My daughter is in a large C of E primary - two classes per yr but it is very good and she is happy there so I need to make it the right move for her sake. I will def l

JPalethorpe Mon 28-Jan-13 19:10:27

.....sorry Sotalia, I prematurely posted that!! I will def check out the school mentioned and the areas, thankyou. Xx

JPalethorpe Mon 28-Jan-13 19:23:09

.....sorry Sotalia, I prematurely posted that!! I will def check out the school mentioned and the areas, thankyou. Xx

sotalia Wed 30-Jan-13 11:42:01

Have pm'd you; but yes - it's a lovely area, no regrets whatsoever. Only thing to consider with distances to Inverness is the Kessock bridge - the next few months are going to be awful commuting wise as they are upgrading, but that should just be temporary. Generally the commute isn't too bad

JP Did you make a decision? I have many years experience of this area..and went to a Primary school up here myself! You are going to love it!

mrswaddo Tue 04-Mar-14 09:01:08

Hi, reading this thread and as it happens thinking of doing same thing. I have a 3 year old to consider so any updated news, experience in reallocation would really helpful. I am needing guidance on the best area, say no more than 10 miles from Inverness. I would also like to get a sense of what it was like to be part of a community when you come from Kent how hard/easy you found it to settle. Please help because I have a lot if questions running around my head ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now