Local Primary schools & areas around Inverness

(10 Posts)
JPalethorpe Sat 19-Jan-13 18:55:00

Hi,
Can anyone shine a little well needed light my way?
We are currently in the process of changing jobs which will mean a relocation to the Inverness area. My husband will be based in Inverness itself.
We have a 6 yr old who is in a fab school in the East Mids' and we would love to get her into a similar good school when we move. Not sure which area we will be relocating to but looking for a smaller village/town outside of Inverness - any suggestions?? We don't know the area too well but would be grateful for any local advise!!
We need to be within close proximity of a primary and nursery (for our two yr old in the next yr), a few local shops and a nice friendly community.

Thanks for any info.

Julie

DespotToddler Thu 24-Jan-13 20:17:47

What radius are you looking at - how far would your husban?

sotalia Sun 27-Jan-13 08:25:42

lucky you... it's lovely up here and plenty of choice on where to move to (maybe too much). When we first came up we looked west of Inverness - Beauly, Black Isle, Dingwall, Strathpeffer, Evanton. Schoolwise I think most primaries in this area are pretty good, but I think a main consideration could be what size of school you are comfortable with: it ranges from the very small (composite classes), to medium (1 class per year) to quite large (several classes per year (Ding/the new Conon school). PM if you have questions on specific villages/towns/schools in this direction

JPalethorpe Mon 28-Jan-13 19:02:08

Hi DespotToddler - Hubby is working for the emergency services and so needs to be within around 10-15 miles of Inverness. I know that probably widens the area considerably but any hints and tips would be appreciated. Xx

JPalethorpe Mon 28-Jan-13 19:08:05

Hi Sotalia. Have you been up there long? It sounds as though you would highly recommend it. That's really positive.
I have started looking around Dingwall/Evanton but until we come up for a visit it's hard to get a full picture of the area. The schools sound very good up there and obviously that and the area are the two prime concerns. My daughter is in a large C of E primary - two classes per yr but it is very good and she is happy there so I need to make it the right move for her sake. I will def l

JPalethorpe Mon 28-Jan-13 19:10:27

.....sorry Sotalia, I prematurely posted that!! I will def check out the school mentioned and the areas, thankyou. Xx

JPalethorpe Mon 28-Jan-13 19:23:09

.....sorry Sotalia, I prematurely posted that!! I will def check out the school mentioned and the areas, thankyou. Xx

sotalia Wed 30-Jan-13 11:42:01

Have pm'd you; but yes - it's a lovely area, no regrets whatsoever. Only thing to consider with distances to Inverness is the Kessock bridge - the next few months are going to be awful commuting wise as they are upgrading, but that should just be temporary. Generally the commute isn't too bad

NessieMcFessie Sun 03-Mar-13 17:40:23

JP Did you make a decision? I have many years experience of this area..and went to a Primary school up here myself! You are going to love it!

mrswaddo Tue 04-Mar-14 09:01:08

Hi, reading this thread and as it happens thinking of doing same thing. I have a 3 year old to consider so any updated news, experience in reallocation would really helpful. I am needing guidance on the best area, say no more than 10 miles from Inverness. I would also like to get a sense of what it was like to be part of a community when you come from Kent how hard/easy you found it to settle. Please help because I have a lot if questions running around my head ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now