Local Talk

Inverness MNers again!

(45 Posts)

I might have a few days off at the start of December, I can't remember when exactly (!)but will find out next week. Any takers for another mini meet? Might be more suitable for those who've been unable to make previous ones

Twinklemegan Fri 21-Nov-08 21:48:03

Hi IAteMakkaPakka - yes I would be up for this as I have the first week of December off. A Tuesday morning would be good for me, but otherwise any day except Thursday (as that is DS's nursery day and I have Christmas preparation plans grin). Would love it to be Inverness if at all possible. smile

BTW, none of you have been going to any classes at Eden Court have you? If so I may already know you...

Cool. I'll get back to you when I know what days I have off. Inverness somewhere should be fine - any suggestions?

I haven't been to classes at Eden Court

Flier Mon 24-Nov-08 14:50:03

Hello! I'd probably be able to come along, would be nice to see some other mnetters again. Brewsters is ok in the mornings.

I "did" eden court a few years back now, timings aren't quite right to get dd there now sad, which classes do you go to, TwinkleMegan?

Flier Mon 24-Nov-08 14:52:29

can't do the Tuesday of the 1st week in December though.

Twinklemegan Mon 24-Nov-08 20:45:52

I'll probably tell you when I see you if that's OK Flier (paranoid alert). Well Tuesday would've been ideal (only because I'm going to town in the afternoon anyway) but like I said most other days would be fine too. Where do you both live in relation to Inverness? I'm south-west. I could go a bit further, it's just that we're having to be very careful with our petrol at the moment.

Where/what is Brewsters, Flier? I've only been up here just over a year so I'm not that familiar with all the meeting places yet.

Flier Mon 24-Nov-08 21:43:46

twinkle, i perfectly understand. I am north of Inverness. Brewsters is just the "soft play" add on to Brewers Fayre. Its not fantastic, and it does depend on the ages of DCs as to whether it is any good for them.

Do you have any ideas where we could meet?

If Tuesday suits everyone else best, then go with Tuesday wink

Twinklemegan Mon 24-Nov-08 22:19:25

Well there is Bogbain Farm a couple of miles south of Inverness. V convenient for me lol, but possibly not so much for you both (I forget where IAteMakkaPakka lives). If it was summer I'd have suggested somewhere like Whin Park. But I don't really mind - it would just be nice to finally meet some local Mumsnetters. smile

Will find out about my time off and get back to you later today hopefully

Brewsters or Bogbain both fine for me

Will find out about my time off and get back to you later today hopefully

Brewsters or Bogbain both fine for me

OK the best I can do is the Friday of that week, the 5th I think. I have less time off than I thought

Twinklemegan Tue 25-Nov-08 16:13:14

Oh that's a shame IAMP. Friday's good for me though. Remind me how old your DC(s) is/are? (apologies for appalling memory). I have a 2 year old DS (but he's well-behaved in public - honest!)

DS is 16 months (and I make no promises about his public behaviour!). Flier, can you do Friday 5th?

Flier Tue 25-Nov-08 21:49:35

hi, I think I can smile

Flier Wed 26-Nov-08 21:02:15

Bump x

OK, I'm up for that if everyone else is OK with it (but pick another day if it suits you two better )

Twinklemegan Wed 26-Nov-08 22:24:38

Hi Flier and IAMP. Flier - when do you think you'll know for sure?

As for location, maybe we should say Bogbain if it's going to be fine, or Brewsters if not? Where is Brewsters btw?

Flier Thu 27-Nov-08 07:52:26

so, 10am on Friday 5th December?

TwinkleMegan, have you been to Bogbain before? Its not ideal for (IMO) under threes, but then again I have only been once, a while back now.

Brewsters is near to Tesco Inshes; (postcode IV2 3BW). for directions, see here

I'll post this under meetups.

Twinklemegan Thu 27-Nov-08 20:53:51

Hi Flier. Yes we take DS there loads. But I really don't mind - twas only a suggestion as I don't know many places to go. DS loves all the ride on tractors, and there's also an indoor sand pit thing (part of the play barn that's free for under 2s). But it might be a bit cold tbh, even if it's dry, so I'm happy to go with Brewsters if people would prefer. smile

I've never been to either so I'll let you lot decide grin

Flier Thu 27-Nov-08 21:36:46

okay - if it's dry we'll go with bogbain -if wet then brewsters? Is that ok everyone?smile is 10am ok?

What if it's drizzling? Or showers? Does mist count? Sometimes there's fog in the town but not at the top of the hill ... grin

Fine by me

Flier Thu 27-Nov-08 21:42:43

twinklemegan - do they still have the art studio thingy there? thats an option if it is too wet to go out at Bogbain.

Ok-good point IAMP shall we bit the bullet then and say 10am at Bogbain? grin

OK by me - I'll give you my number so if we're dithering we can change plan if required.

Twinklemegan Thu 27-Nov-08 22:45:42

Oh God I'll get the blame now if it's wet and miserable and cold. They do have the art studio but I don't know if it needs booking in advance.

I really don't mind if we just go to Brewsters (don't want the responsibility for a really rubbish meet up...)

10am is fine by me. As the OP, IAMP has the final say on where we go. smile

Flier Fri 28-Nov-08 08:16:14

but Twinkle, there is always the cafe at bogbain - if memory serves me correctly there are toys there, i'm sre the dc's will be happy.

Flier Sun 30-Nov-08 16:04:13

bump for weekender mumsnetters in the inverness area.

** We are having a wee meet-up at bobgain, 10am Friday 5th December **

Come along and see if we can beat our record of 3 highland mumsnetters in one room at a time grin

Please post if you'd like to come along

Blimey, yes, we'll have to inform Guinness if we're likely to beat 3 at once! grin

Flier Sun 30-Nov-08 21:28:10

grin indeed, makkapakka, are you changing your name for christmas btw?

I may, if I can think of something suitable

Flier Wed 03-Dec-08 16:16:56

getting a bit nervous re our meet-up what with weather forecasts, set to be tonight sad

I was thinking this too. We'll see what Friday brings. Radio Scotland said the weather warning applies from midnight tonight until noon tomorrow. 8" forecast though! [dons balaclava]

Flier Thu 04-Dec-08 16:33:03

who got snow this morning then? we have none!!

We had none but it's falling fairly fast ow . DP has also got some work lined up for the morning which will mean I am carless unfortunately so I will have to leave you girls to it - we can try for the record another time maybe?! Sorry

now

sorry, eating dinner while posting and trying to get out the door again [frazzled]

Flier Thu 04-Dec-08 20:27:59

that probably means its headed our way too sad

Pity you can't make it, makkapakka

haven't seen twinklemagan around though, are you around, twinklemegan?

Twinklemegan Thu 04-Dec-08 22:17:15

Hello. Yes I'm around. We've had snow all week, and given our location I was expecting to be snowed in this morning. But nothing! And DH says it's raining now - could make for ice in the morning, not nice on our hill sad.

What do you want to do Flier? Still meet up at Bogbain, or try somewhere else? I have to go to Wickes anyway so I'm quite happy to go somewhere indoors. Or do you want to postpone until MakkaPakka can make it?

Do you want to CAT me your phone number? Then if I'm iced in tomorrow morning I can let you know. smile

It looks like it's all thawing this morning so if I'd had the car I would have been coming Have a nice day though you two Hope your DCs enjoy themselves!

Flier Fri 05-Dec-08 09:03:30

twinkle, am I too late to catch you? we could meet at brewsters..........jsut popping out to school,

Twinklemegan Fri 05-Dec-08 09:56:48

Flier. I tried to CAT you a while ago. I'm iced in! My internet's been down most of the morning - it's just come back again just now. I'll phone BB - assuming you're there? I'm so sorry!

Flier Fri 05-Dec-08 10:26:38

phewww so glas you didn't make it (in a way) as I have had a bit of a morning! and haven't made it out yet sad
sorry you're iced in, though

hope to meet up some time soon
x

ps no CAT as yet - they can take ages, can't they smile

Flier Fri 05-Dec-08 10:51:35

just wondering if you phoned bb and asked for flier pmsl!

I am roffling at thought of the call

"Hello Bogbain Farm, can I help?"
"Hi, my name's Twinklemegan, I was wondering if Flier is with you?"
"Er, sorry?"
"You know, off Mumsnet?"
"..."

We went to P&T instead and now DS is doing the biggest most mammoth sleep ever. I should be cleaning ... blush

We'll manage another time, I hope

Flier Fri 05-Dec-08 16:05:15

aww twinkle, i'm just home and your cat arrived some time after 12 sad. did you go in the end?

Twinklemegan Fri 05-Dec-08 21:13:57

Lol. I did actually try Bogbain twice but there was no reply. I don't quite know what I'd have said if they'd answered..

"Is there a lady there with children who looks like she's waiting for someone?"
"How many children?"
"Erm, dunno"
"What's her name?"
"Erm, dunno"
"Well what's your name?"
"Well, she won't know me" etc.

PMSL! Good thing they didn't answer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now