Local Talk

Anyone fancy a meetup?

(26 Posts)
Flier Thu 12-Feb-09 15:34:03

Was thinking either Brewsters or Runaround during the day with DCs, or open to suggestions smile

If interested, please state which day is best for you, and we'll take it from there smile

Rach1972 Thu 12-Feb-09 22:32:03

I'm up for it, prefer Runaround and can only do tuesdays or wednesdays but will go with the concensus
Anyone fancy a night out? I'm missing girlie natter without trying to shout over the kids!

Flier Fri 13-Feb-09 08:09:59

I was actually going to suggest a night out, but wasn't sure as those that are on here are spread a bit far and wide from Inverness, but we'll see what we can do wink

Hi there, I'm in! I can do most Wednesdays except this one coming and don't mind where we go (nowhere's bloody close round here, is it?!)

A night out sometime would be fab - we can do car sharing maybe (if there's anyone else South of Inverness who wants to come!). I don't mind driving.

If you do a night out I'd love to come along, as long as it's a weekend I can stay over in a hotel grin

Bumpity bump

Rach1972 Wed 18-Feb-09 13:27:41

Ooo I'm getting excited now!
Fliers been away for a few days but I'm sure she'll be back on soon to get us organised!

Poor Flier always does the organising grin. Not that she's not good at it (personally I would struggle with a piss up in a brewery etc) but maybe she doesn't like it!

I'm not mobile for the next week because the car's dying ... possibly the gearbox. [pale] I would be happy to do Runaround on the following Wednesday though If we manage to get together then we can plot an evening do

Rach1972 Fri 20-Feb-09 08:33:34

if thats the 4th its ok with me

Flier Fri 20-Feb-09 13:12:41

sorry missed all your bumping etc! my threads I'm on seems to drop off more quickly these days hmm

Flier Fri 20-Feb-09 13:16:21

I don't mind organising at all grin

Runaround on the 4th would be good for me too, even though that's my normal toddlers day wink <<change of scene is good>> wink

Flier - you can reset the time "Threads I'm on" appear for somewhere in the customise settings I think

Flier Fri 20-Feb-09 16:24:06

thanks makkapakka, I've changed it again, see if it works this time smile
How are you?

Well I was fine until this afternoon when, while toddling down the street, DS decided to start vomiting. Cue copious floods of sweetcorn and cheese down the pavement (but not quite a river grin) and a panicked cry for help to the nice lady in a shop who kindly came out with a bucket to wash the street! He seems absolutely fine but he's wandering around the house vomiting on everything. So far I think only the cat remains unscathed - but it's just a matter of time. I'm not sure whether opening my nice bottle of red tonight is a good plan, given that last time this happened Jack and I both caught it too ... toddlers seem to bring a whole new world of illness.

Anyway, enough of our ailments, how are you? Did you do anything nice for half term?

Wallace Fri 20-Feb-09 19:56:22

Hello! Ds2 has had that bug to but luckily only the D part of D&V (fingers crossed he had it 3 times last winter!)

Can't do the 4th unfortunately as need to pick dh up at airport that day.

MakkaPakka - not being nosey, but do you work next door to a place with the initials ED [overly cryptic emoticon]? If so, have you ever taken your ds in to the soft play there? Our toddler group went on Wednesday and it was nice Alternatively you dont work where I think you do and you'lll be confuse!

If the place you are thinking of is the place I am thinking of, yes, no and I think we will go sometime when he isn't vomiting grin

And if you want a mini local meet sometime, drop me a line!

Wallace Sat 21-Feb-09 06:02:56

grin glad I didn't totally confuse you!

A mini meetup would be nice - Twinklemegan could come too. I am quite flexible with days, can'r remember which days tm gets off.

Wallace Sat 21-Feb-09 06:04:19

Meant to say hope the vomiting boy gets better soon!

Flier Mon 23-Feb-09 13:13:45

Hope DS is feeling better, makkapakka.

So, is next Wed (4th Mar) the best day for everyone? Please post if you can come along to Runaround in Dingwall.
Also please state if morning is best, or how about we meet at 12-ish?

Rach1972 Mon 23-Feb-09 19:14:30

I can do morning or afternoon but not lunch time as they still have a nap xx

Flier Tue 24-Feb-09 14:40:39

Is the Friday morning of that week better for anyone?

Hi folks. The Friday would be no good for me, but I might now struggle with the Wednesday too because the garage can't look at the car until Monday angry so I really can't be sure if it'll be good to go by the Wednesday - so if another day is better for you guys, don't mind me

I could probably manage Wednesday - but not Friday, as having my 36wk scan that day! Can't guarantee it, but don't think I have anything on for Wednesday the 4th.

Twinklemegan Fri 27-Feb-09 23:41:03

Hello. Yes I'm up for a mini meetup Wallace and MakkaPakka. I didn't realise you were south of Inverness too IAMP. In answer to Wallace's question I work every day sad, but I can take a day off perhaps. DS is in nursery Wednesday and Thursdays, but any other day would be OK. In fact, sometime the week beginning the 16th March might be good as we have a new kitchen arriving and DH might appreciate some extra DS-free time. grin It would be nice to meet up again Wallace, after promising to contact you and never getting around to it blush.

I'm afraid I can't do the 4th or the 6th people. Maybe next time - again <sigh>.

Rach1972 Sun 01-Mar-09 13:41:24

I definately can't do Friday I will be a Center parcs!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now