Local Talk

hello highland mumsnetters how is everyone?

(26 Posts)
flier Sun 19-Apr-09 12:08:53

I've been finding recently that I'm not on here as often as I used to - Are you all the same?

Wallace Sun 19-Apr-09 12:30:25

Hello - just on our way out for a picnic

Will pop back in later

VJaybigpants Mon 20-Apr-09 19:31:09

Hello, we've been having some fab weather up here haven't we. I'm on here a bit with over on a conception/pregnancy thread smile

VJaybigpants Mon 20-Apr-09 19:32:21

oh I name changed, from vjay to vjaybigpants because it's all I can get into at the mo grin

FairMidden Mon 20-Apr-09 19:45:17

Hi there Flier.

Yes, it's the same here - don't know why really. I suppose being busy at work and having lighter evenings to do stuff outside means I'm not around as much. I find once I've posted a few times I get sucked back in via Threads I'm On, so if I stop posting for a few days then I'm off for a while!

How are your DC? And what about you Wallace - everything good?

Nice to meet you VJay - to my DP's dismay I've struggled to give up my big pants habit since pregnancy - be careful! grin

Wallace Mon 20-Apr-09 20:06:53

We had a lovely picnic, but it didn't last quite this long, honest grin

We are fine apart from slightly traumatised from ds2 ending up in A&E at Raigmore on Thursday night after getting hold of a packet of Ibuprofen tablets and thinking they were sweeties shock

He was completely fine but had to be kept in for a bit for observation.

Hope everyone else is fine

FairMidden Mon 20-Apr-09 22:04:40

shock Wallace your poor DS! You must have had a terrible scare - glad everything is OK now, poor wee mite. My dog does stuff like that all the time but the nearest DS has come to it was eating sweet pea seeds at the weekend, so I'm dreading what's to come!

Sending him some jelly and ice cream

Twinklemegan Mon 20-Apr-09 22:13:43

OMG, I live in fear of DS doing something like that. You poor thing!

Hello everyone. I'm exactly the same as you FM with Threads I'm On. I banned myself from the internet full stop for a couple of weeks after a few early hours sessions on MN - and doing work stuff! shock When colleagues start asking why you've emailed at 1 in the morning, something has to change - silly woman. Plus I'm trying to get to bed earlier to shake off this damned cold that I've had since before Easter.

Haven't we had some gorgeous weather just recently? We did a trip up to the north coast last week and it was just stunning. It reminded me why we moved up here. smile

FairMidden Mon 20-Apr-09 22:22:50

It has been fab, hasn't it? I've got a bit more time off this week so hopefully we'll get to spend most of it outdoors.

Hope you get rid of your cold soon. By this time of year i think everyone's sick of being sick. Our house is finally a bug-free zone after a long winter of illnesses. However, DS has started with the CM so I expect a new ailment any time now!

Here's to some more lovely sunshine. Did you go somewhere close to home Wallace?

flier Wed 22-Apr-09 14:47:55

oh! hello everyone. Sorry I missed all your posts smile 2 weeks until we go on our hols! yipee!

Also booked the Dinosaurs Live in Glasgow for the 1st week of the school hols in July and also Lazytown. The dinosaurs looks really realistic.

Isn't this weather fantastic? There is always great weather at home whenever we book to go abroad on holiday hmmgrin

FairMidden Thu 23-Apr-09 19:29:51

Hi Flier - hope you have a fab holiday - I bet you're dead excited!

Wallace - I am sure I passed you on the road today, I did wave but you didn't see me. I was on my way out for a walk with the dogs while DS was at the childminder's [bad mother] ... well, I want him to settle in fast and it was a lovely day for it ... anyway, hello!

Think I might have got a bit burned though blush

Wallace Thu 23-Apr-09 19:31:49

ooh whereabouts roughly? and what time? was I in my luxury vehicle blush

FairMidden Thu 23-Apr-09 19:44:33

Duthil around 1pm or thereabouts. Yes, you were in the Merc wink. I was the one in the Renault looking windswept and you probably heard the manic barking as we passed one another!

FairMidden Thu 23-Apr-09 19:46:40

PS Have you and DS recovered from your fright? Hope all is well.

flier Thu 23-Apr-09 19:56:43

oops sorry forgot to ask how DS was, Wallace. Was he on the childrens ward? They are lovely there. What a panic you must have been in.

Wallace Thu 23-Apr-09 20:39:31

grin Never saw you - my mum was with me and I was nattering away

ds has recovered from his fright, not sure about me!

He did get admitted to the children's ward, but never made it any further than the treatment room, thank god. I have an irrational (actually maybe completely rational) fear of children's wards due to dd having a couple of spells at Yorkhill because she was born with a hole in her heart and needed surgery.

btw picnic was at inverlaidnan near my village. A spot we discovered thanks to twnklemegan's wonderful website

Twinklemegan Thu 23-Apr-09 23:20:56

Hey that's good - I must have a look myself. In that case I'm going to CAT you something if you don't mind - FM too since she's been on there as well. Shan't post on here as it would most certainly out me to anyone in the know.

Glad your DS is OK Wallace. smile

Twinklemegan Thu 23-Apr-09 23:27:05

Damn it my subscription's expired and I lost your email when I reformatted the computer. Never mind (but if you look at the site again in the next week or so you'll see what I was meaning anyway). Sorry to be cryptic grin, it's really not a big deal so just ignore me and my witterings.

Hi Flier. I'm very envy of you going on your hols. I'm sure we've had the best of the spring weather already so you're sure to get better weather abroad. smile

flier Fri 24-Apr-09 08:07:55

Twinkle, I noticed there was now a link to your site on the how shall I say "main" site now.
I searched for my home village and basically the whole village was on your site smile although I wondered why my house wasn't on it, as it has some sort of notice as being of special interest (although not a listed building)

Wallace Fri 24-Apr-09 10:09:28

Emailed you TM (if you still have same address) I couldn't wait!

Wallace Fri 24-Apr-09 10:09:49

Flier - have a fantastic holiday!

Wallace Fri 24-Apr-09 10:33:24

TM - of course that email I have for you doesn't - doh!

I'll have to wait

flier Fri 24-Apr-09 10:54:35

Thanks Twinkle, Wallace and FM. grin

Twinklemegan Fri 24-Apr-09 21:56:41

I'm sure I'm outing myself right here and now on this thread blush. Flier - I'll email you about it. You too Wallace. smile

flier Fri 24-Apr-09 23:53:22

Sorry Twinkle. I was trying to be cryptic, but didn't do too well blush

Twinklemegan Sat 25-Apr-09 00:12:34

No worries! I just have to keep a rein on myself. It's so easy to forget that you're chatting on a website that anyone can see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now