Local Talk

Hello!!! Hillingdon - we're back in business!

(9 Posts)
toffeecrunch Mon 12-Nov-12 11:42:01

OK - so our new Hillingdon site has been live for a few weeks and is filling up nicely with useful and interesting listings of businesses, services and events - including lovely Xmas events - happening near you.

I'm the local editor smile and I need you!! to help me spread the word that this will soon be the place to go for the best local info, advice and gossip.

What can you do?

Add listings, review playgroups, coffee shops, family friendly pubs... tell other parents about the childminder with a heart of gold, the cleaner you couldn't live without... List their services on our site, review them, chat about them here, ask advice, tell others what bugs you and what makes you smile. AND tell your friends to join you.

If you're keen to organise meet-ups, become a Mumsnet Local Ambassador and we'll arrange some treats and discounts to make it worth your while. wink

And if all you can manage today is to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, that's cool too.

Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/Mumsnet-Hillingdon/476652932366350
Follow us on twitter- we have nearly 200 followers already -
https://twitter.com/MNHillingdon

toffeecrunch Wed 14-Nov-12 22:53:31

You've gone a bit quiet... anyone else out there in Hillingdon? Anyone...? <stares into distance with forlorn look on face>

ummziyad Thu 15-Nov-12 12:01:03

Hi toffee crunch smile
im from eastcote, anyone else nearby?

toffeecrunch Thu 15-Nov-12 13:24:12

Hi ummziyad! Glad to hear from you. I was beginning to feel like I'm talking to myself.
Can you recommend good playgroups in Eastcote?

ummziyad Thu 15-Nov-12 16:05:28

I know a couple, i'll list them up. Actually looking for more recommendations myself if anyone knows of any, especially ones you dont have to book in advance

NappyLibrary Sat 17-Nov-12 23:13:47

We're here!
Doing lots of promo work at the moment, we're also on facebook and twitter
https://www.facebook.com/HillingdonNappyLibrary
@HillingdonNappy
If anyone wants to join us on our journey!

toffeecrunch Sun 18-Nov-12 10:26:19

Hi, welcome! We'd love you to start a chat thread about nappy issues, potty training and will point people here from FB and Twitter to ask questions too.

HillingdonCharlotte Thu 29-Nov-12 11:41:59

Hi all! Thought I'd pop on and say hello. I work in the communications team at the London Borough of Hillingdon and it's nice to meet you all.

I've been seeing the MNHillingdon tweets and I love Mumsnet so it's great to have a local group here. I must remember to keep my nicknames separate for Mumsnet work and pleasure though! grin

I don't have any DC but a couple of women in the team do and I'm always telling them how fab MN is.

toffeecrunch Thu 29-Nov-12 21:17:37

HI HillingdonCharlotte - So glad you could join us. Our new site is growing stronger every day - lots of exciting things in the pipeline.

Meanwhile spread the word about us and join us for a chat or a moan or a gossip whenever you can..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now