Local Talk

Applying for reception...that time of year!

(4 Posts)
Dinomo Thu 03-Jan-13 21:58:45

Am currently trying to figure out which schools to list for my DS. We live in South Ruislip and intend on putting own the following:

St Swithun Wells
Sacred Heart
Field End Rd
Deansfield

Not sure about last two to pick maybe a couple in Eastcote.

Also considering St Helens in Hillingdon

Unfortunately our deciding factor is going to be after school provision. We have no family so will have to try and work it out between me and my DH plus the after school club. Some of them unfortunately finish quite early (SSW finishes at 4.15). We don't know any childminders and I'm a bit reluctant to head down that road too quickly.

Does anyone have any experience of any of these schools or know much about them? We've been to visit them all and they all seem fine.

toffeecrunch Fri 04-Jan-13 16:47:02

Hi Dinomo

Don't know personally but will ask around and post on Twitter as well. After school care always such a problem. We also don't have family near. Can anyone else help?

ummziyad Wed 09-Jan-13 22:46:13

I don't know about the afterschool care but my oldest was in field end for nursery year and it was a really nice school, all the other parents seemed to be happy with it too. i would have been really happy to keep him there, i've just put him in a different school for reception because its a bit nearer and to be with cousins but was sad to leave field end even though he had not been there long. the teachers he had were lovely.

no idea about st swithins or sacred heart.

deansfield, i have heard people say is not as good, compared to field end, newnham or lady bankes but have heard others happy with it too.

Zelandia Sun 10-Mar-13 16:09:24

I've not heard anything good about st Helen's.

It's selective - but if after you've been selected they decide you have any type of problems they ask you to leave.

Which I think is horrible.

I asked about dyslexia support and they told me the school wouldn't be suitable for my DS.

Nasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now