Local Talk

INFANT OBSERVATION -VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITY

(1 Post)
khunjan Thu 24-Oct-13 17:53:31

Hello Everyone,

I am a student studying a Masters at The Institute For Arts in Therapy & Education, for which I am required to observe a baby from newborn to two years of age. The purpose of the infant observation is for me to gain a thorough knowledge of early child development. I am equally keen to learn first hand, how a relationship begins between babies and their families.

I am looking for a family in the Middlesex area, whom would be willing to commit to just one hour a week for two years. I can appreciate that this may seem an odd request, but families who have been observed by past students have commented on how enriching a process it can be, both for the families as well as the student.

If there are any prospective parents out there who would be willing to take part in this special opportunity, please do get in touch. Ideally, I am looking for a couple that is expecting a baby anytime between now and January 2014. Alternatively, I would be very grateful to hear from anyone that has just given birth and has a baby under a month old who would be open to volunteering. I would be more than happy to give you more information and answer any questions that you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact me:

kairahunjan@hotmail.co.uk

I have a full-enhanced CRB, and a letter of endorsement from the University, which explains the observation process and its purpose in more detail.

Many thanks
Kaira

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now