Local Talk

Moved to Hitchin, need to find some groups!

(11 Posts)
mummkate3 Thu 25-Oct-12 16:33:15

Hiya,

I moved to Hitchin in August with my husband and my 1 year old daughter.

It has taken us a while to get our house sorted and I have since given up my job and so am now looking to join some toddler groups around hitchin to stop me going insane and so grace can play with some other children. Ive seen that the library do a storytime but i am confused about all the other groups around. Id like to hear from mums which groups are best. im very shy and so will need encouragement to go!

thanks

kate
x

VeryHappyMummyOf2 Fri 26-Oct-12 12:35:31

Hi Kate,

Welcome to Hitchin! I'm afraid my two are a bit old for playgroups now, but lots of my friends with little ones like the playgroup at Christchurch (on Weds mornings, term time I think).
Music Train is another very popular one (http://www.musictrain.co.uk/classes/hitchin/)
Somewhere else to go is Space2Play (term time mornings) - it's geared up for babies and toddlers and also another place to meet mums and have a coffee.

I'm a bit like you - shy in new surroundings and when I don't know anyone. But I think you will find most mums around here are friendly and always happy to chat.

mummkate3 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:18:14

Thank you :-)

Music train sounds good, grace loves music so I'll have a look into that.
I'll have a wander down to the Christchurch playgroup after half term :-)
My husband takes the car so space2play is a bit far. My brother in law runs the gym oppposite so I've seem how far out it is, unless there are buses that run there?

:-)

twittergirl Fri 26-Oct-12 20:41:46

Hello, I suggest you join the Local Mums Network on Facebook. You will get loads of good info there. Can't link on my phone but search Facebook for Local Mums Network (North Herts).

twittergirl Fri 26-Oct-12 20:42:29

Ps - no, no buses to Space2Play I'm afraid.

Jenni1234 Wed 19-Dec-12 19:36:59

Hi All,

I am also in Hitchin.

I am afraid I dont have much knowledge of any kids groups but thought I would say hello.

I have a 3.5 year old son and currently 12 weeks pregnant with twins.

It would be lovely to meet some other mums in the area, not many of my friends are mums - I work full time and my other half does the nursery pick up so not even had the chance to mingle with the mums there! but happy to get together with kids on a weekend.

J x

harpers1234 Thu 03-Jan-13 21:27:49

Hi,

I too have recently moved to Hitchin from London. I have two daughters - 3.5 years and 1.5 years.

I also work full-time and because of this find it a little hard to get to know other moms through the local groups. So if anyone is free to meet up in the park one saturday, please let me know.

H x

rattlerr Thu 03-Jan-13 23:26:46

Hi all you new mums to hichin.
We run a Toddler group on friday mornings 9.30-11.30am at HCC next to Waitrose. Please come and give us a try. First session free. Ginette Beeson Playbox Preschool and Toddlers.

Hitchinn Fri 04-Jan-13 17:39:29

Hi harpers1234 and Jenni 1234

I have a 3.5yr old boy and 5.5yr old - have been Hitchin many years now so know it quite well. If you want to meet one weekend, let me know (don't know which parts of Hitchin you are in or which park is good for you). I am near North Herts College.

Rubyj31 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:44:34

Hi
i am 31 and have a 9 month old son am.. i dont have any family or friends in hitchin..
would like to meet mums and toddlers for my son
any1 from hitchin?

davidson96 Thu 27-Feb-14 16:16:48

http://local.mumsnet.com/hertfordshire/group-meet-ups/hitchin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now