Local Talk

nurseries in Chiswick

(7 Posts)
babyitsyours Mon 14-Nov-11 23:35:32

Hi,

we have just moved to Chiswick and I was looking into nurseries as i would like to send my dd who is over a year old now. Does any one have any recommendations please? Any advice would be grateful.

Thanks

T123 Tue 10-Jan-12 12:48:26

Hi. I can't help with any advice, but I have just moved into Bedford Park in Chiswick and am looking for a couple of mornings a week in a nursery for my 16 month old. Did you have any luck? I am going to visit Playdays, Tic Toc and Teddies. I'd love to hear if you found anywhere and what your thoughts are on it.
T

T123 Tue 10-Jan-12 13:10:35

Hi. I can't help with any advice, but I have just moved into Bedford Park in Chiswick and am looking for a couple of mornings a week in a nursery for my 16 month old. Did you have any luck? I am going to visit Playdays, Tic Toc and Teddies. I'd love to hear if you found anywhere and what your thoughts are on it.
T

Softness Tue 24-Jan-12 12:00:52

Hi both,

Didn't use nurseries for mine I'm afraid, went for the nannyshare option. And have just posted an ad recommending two very good part-time options for childcare in your own home - may not be quite right for you but both are people I know and come recommended.
Good luck with it all!
xS

yummumummy Tue 24-Jan-12 12:58:41

I have had quite a well rounded experience of atleast two of Chiswick nurseries - Playdays and Tic Toc.

My ds went to Playdays for about 3 months and did not have a particularly pleasent expeirence. The staff was very indifferent and very rude and did not look after the children at all. I will leave the detail out but I did report them to Ofstead - so you can imagine the extend of my unhappiness.

We then moved him to Tic Toc and he stayed at Tic Toc for over 2 years and I believe he has had the best childhood experience ever. The staff at Tic Toc are like angels out of the world and their love, care, support and individual guidance and direction to every child is beyond words. The nursery manager participates fully and even stands in for the staff if they are on leave and they nursery is an offshoot of Heathfield House School and is therefore very closely managed by the Headmaster of Heathfield House. Their standards are exceptionally high and all of these reasons have given them an Outstanding Ofstead rating. (P.S. As they are so brilliant, they do have a waiting list but you might be lucky ) I can give you more details and refer you to the right people should you want more information.

Hope this helps ! I know how choosing the right nursery is one of the very improtant decisions we take !

T123 Thu 09-Feb-12 12:28:39

Thanks both for the help and recommendations. I was unsure of Tic Toc when I visited, but after a glowing report like that, should reconsider!
Thanks

schoolexpert Sun 06-May-12 09:38:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now