Local Talk

Air traffic over Chiswick?

(5 Posts)
eversoW13 Sat 27-Jul-13 14:17:33

We're going to be moving next spring and are starting to think about potential areas. We love our current neighbourhood, but the plane noise from Heathrow is really annoying. Is it a problem at all in Chiswick?

eversoW13 Wed 07-Aug-13 22:18:05

Bumping this. We visited Chiswick at the weekend and saw some planes flying over, but they didn't seem that loud from where we were. Maybe because they're landing rather than taking off? I would still be interested to know how disruptive people find them, if at all, and where the quieter pockets might be. Thanks!

deelite72 Wed 04-Dec-13 18:38:45

I have to say, we moved from lovely Barnes just across the river from where we are now in Chiswick (near Dukes Meadows area by the river) and the reduction in plane noise is MASSIVE. This was a big issue for us living in Barnes for the past 4 years, which is otherwise a great place. Yes, we get planes where we are but they don't go directly over the area we are in and they are absolutely unnoticeable. This could be because we've come from such a high air traffic noise environment. But honestly, I just never feel disturbed by them. I imagine the more you get into Chiswick proper (up near the high road/ Turnham Green area) the better it gets. Hope this helps.

deelite72 Wed 04-Dec-13 18:39:46

Just realised how old this thread is! Oops. Oh well... it never hurts to add more info.

eversoW13 Wed 04-Dec-13 21:54:25

Thanks so much, Deelite, I'm still watching this thread, as decision time is looming (we probably have to move house end of March). It's really good to know that, having experienced life in the flight path, you find it so much quieter in Chiswick than in Barnes. It's funny, when I mention to people here (Ealing) that the plane noise bothers us, most people seem baffled and say they don't notice it. I guess I'm just particularly sensitive to low-flying aircraft rumbling overhead 10 days of each month. Still, we're finding it a very hard decision bc this area is otherwise amazing, with a great sense of community, good schools, nice parks, etc.

Thank you so much for your comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now