Local Talk

Hull baby and toddler groups

(11 Posts)
gemgems83 Thu 23-Jun-11 20:27:08

Hi, does anybody know of any good baby groups in the east hull area. I dont have any mummy friends and finding it hard to find a group in my area smile

BoysisBackinTown Fri 24-Jun-11 08:54:10

I don't, but I'm looking for the same thing so bumping for you.

gemgems83 Fri 24-Jun-11 15:26:04

If you find anywhere nice let me know. Thanks

Curlybrunette Sat 25-Jun-11 09:01:58

I'm West Hull not East so can't really help but when I had ds1 I started going to our local library and they did a story time session each week, half an hour of stories and singing. Ds1 was only tiny but he seemed to enjoy it and I got to know lots of people.

I think a big part of it is having the confidence to speak to people. It can be easy to chat and say things like "how old is your baby" etc. but taking it that step further and saying "want to go to the park" or "fancy a cuppa" can be harder. Go for it though

x

gemgems83 Sat 25-Jun-11 17:30:12

I go to toddler time at the library on Mondays, my son seems to enjoy it. I just need to be a bit more confident. Thanks x

Littlesofties1 Sun 26-Jun-11 21:20:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Curlybrunette Mon 27-Jun-11 13:09:46

Don't let MNHQ find this post littlesofties, you'll get done for advertising!

But I've noted your number down, thanks

x

pigear Wed 29-Jun-11 22:08:40

Hi
Just wanted to say that there are a couple of groups I go to in East Hull. There is the Sunshine Centre Childrens Centre attached to Mersey Primary School in Mersey St. They have a Movers and Groovers group on Tuesday 9.30-11am where kids play and then do some siinging and dancing and 1-3pm they have a Messy Play session. I don't know what they do on other days.

There is also a Toddler Group in Garden Village, I think it's called the Boy's Club or something? It's on Wednesdays 9.15-11am and costs £1.50 per family and there is tea and coffee for adults and toast and squash for the kids.

Hope that helps.

hmt81 Thu 07-Jul-11 11:29:17

Have you tried contacting the family information service? If you phone or email them they will send you a list of what there is in your area

goslingj Fri 30-Nov-12 09:34:31

Theres a group call My baby can dance at jst 4 fun on a tuesday and its really good. The mums are really friendly and very welcoming the kids love it and the mums do too. Theres a few times 10am 11am and 1pm the number is 377889. Good luck.

kiamac Thu 01-Aug-13 08:12:54

I'm going to the toddler group at the New Life Christian Centre off Freetown Way this morning (Thursday) which I find to be really friendly. There is an inflatable slide and bouncy castle, a good snack and space for the children and people on hand to keep an extra eye on the children. I really enjoy it, I feel at home there. Its also running over summer. Hurrah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now