Local Talk

Anyone with kids at Ipswich School?

(4 Posts)
lizzielogs Fri 15-Jun-12 10:23:59

I have a bright daughter at a local state school yr 7, & she's already complaining about being bored in classes, rarely has any homework. Her very generous grandparents have offered to fund her privately. I feel she would do well there but wanted to know more about how happy the children are there, if there is much after school activity? She is an only child & her happiness is most important than academic achievement.

I went there for 6th form after years of hating state school and being bullied for wanting to do homework, work hard, achieve etc. It opened my eyes and changed my world. It didn't give me great exam results though because I just wasn't used to the level that the other kids worked at by that stage.

This was many years ago I ought to say, in the days where it was boys only eith just a few girls in the 6th form!

Moflo Sun 17-Jun-12 19:54:35

Funnily enough I spent today with some friends / acquaintences, one of whom moved her daughter there in September, from her local state primary (which she was really happy with, but I think there was a similar financial situation to yours).

Her daughter is also an only child, and is, I think, about... 9 years old? Not quite sure. Anyway, I asked her mum and she apparently loves it there. She certainly seems like a very happy child. The mum made mention of how much "more" she does there, tho' I don't know whether she meant in terms of academic stuff of extra-curricular.

lizzielogs Mon 18-Jun-12 08:50:24

Thanks, I seem to be getting only positive feedback which is great. Now I need to encourage her into going there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now