Local Talk

Any mums-to-be of twins?

(7 Posts)
OldDeer Fri 12-Mar-10 12:25:10

Hi, just found out we are expecting twins and already have a 14 month old - Panic!! Just wondering if there are any other mums to be of twins (mine due late aug/early sept 2010)near Ipswich who feel like some mutual support!!

SoMuchToBits Fri 12-Mar-10 13:10:46

I live near Ipswich (Kesgrave) but am not expecting twins. But I thought I'd say hello anyway. I don't know if you have been on MN for long, but there don't seem to be many of us from the Ipswich area on here, so you may not get many replies. I do know there is a local twins club though (it's called Deben Doubles and I think it's based in the Woodbridge area) so you might meet other mums through that who either already have or are expecting twins. I can't help much as I only have a 9 year old son. I am a twin myself, but I don't suppose that's much help!

Congratulations on the pregnancy by the way and hope everything goes well. smile

OldDeer Mon 15-Mar-10 21:15:36

Hiya, thanks so much for your reply - yep, you are the only one so far, so I guess there aren't many of us Ipswich-ites around, like you say!! Will check out Deben Doubles - thanks for the top tip.

Izsmum Mon 22-Mar-10 22:15:31

if you live in suffolk coastal you might be able to get some support from home-start
www.home-startsuffolkcoastal.btik.com

FinlayTwinly Tue 11-Jan-11 22:38:18

Hello, randomly came across your post, I have 9 month old twin boys and live just round the corner from Ipswich hospital. I go to a twins group every wednesday in capel, down Days road in the community church. I'm also in the process of trying to set up an Ipswich twins group, please come along to capel if you can between 10-12 (I know early for twins!!) and let me know if you need any advice x

There's a new twins group starting on Tues 3 May in Ipswich if you are still interested? 1.30-3pm at Chatterbox Children's Centre, Copleston Road (near Copleston High School). You can bring your older little one as well. Support, friendly chat and play for the kids - the group meets on the first Tuesday of the month, and we'd love to see you...

FinlayTwinly Mon 09-May-11 21:15:40

be great to see more twins at IPSWICH TWINS & MULTIPLES GROUP smile First meet went well, as strawberrylace said we'd love to see you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now