Local Talk

Fine dining in Ipswich

(7 Posts)
ProudasPunch Fri 26-Mar-10 12:29:56

Hi - I'm planning to take someone for a special treat in Ipswich - can anyone suggest THE place to go for fantastic food - I'd like it to be walking distance from Christchurch Park
Thanks.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 28-Mar-10 21:05:07

Mariners
The Last Anchor
Bistro on the Quay
The Salthouse Hotel

The only problem is they are all on the quay. I can't think of any that are right near the park, however the quay is probably only a 20 minute walk away.

Oh and there's the Vanilla Pod which is probably about 10-15 minutes walk away, and The Brasserie which is the same sort of distance.

If I were to choose it would be somewhere on the quay as it's a lovely area, probably Mariners of the Salthouse.

Stickyjs Tue 06-Apr-10 17:33:41

Think the Vanilla Pod has closed down now - how about Arlingtons on Museum Street....

SoMuchToBits Tue 06-Apr-10 18:06:08

Yes,I think the Vanilla Pod has closed - I would also have gone for Mariners or Bistro on the Quay. You could walk there from Christchurch Park, but it would take about 20 minutes or so.

The other place which used to be good, but I haven't been there for a while is the Galley in St Nicholas Street.

ProudasPunch Wed 14-Apr-10 08:24:30

The Salthouse was really great - thanks!

RabbitAndCo Thu 06-May-10 20:59:45

I know this is an old thread, but a friend of mine has just recommended Arlingtons on Museum Street (as Stickjs mentioned before)

sophiapaull Mon 13-Sep-10 19:55:19

Aqua Eight is lovely near the Corn Exchange/Town Hall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now