Local Talk

living on the island

(3 Posts)
tigerbump Thu 20-Jan-11 08:42:49

would love to get any other mums living on the island to share their thoughts - are there clubs for little ones, play places, how did you find having a baby in the island. thanks in advance xx

paddygal Tue 15-May-12 13:30:42

My DP is interviewing for a job in Douglas which would mean we will leave London and move over..... What is it like? Did you find any clubs/Other Mums?x

DonkeyTeapot Wed 04-Jul-12 10:05:23

Hello, sorry you've not had many replies. I live on the island, have done for four years, I love it here but it's not for everyone. This might be too late to be of any use, but here goes anyway, just in case smile

There are mums & tots groups around, but you have to ask someone "in the know" to find them, it seems the island hasn't really embraced the internet at times. I found one group when I searched the internet, but having talked to other mums and childmiinders, there are actually quite a few.

Douglas is busy by Isle of Man standards, but not by London standards smile There are shops like Next, River Island, M&S, Boots, but only small branches. There is one Tesco but plenty of smaller Co-Ops and things. There are plenty of pubs and a few clubs but that's not really my thing so can't tell you much about those.

Like I said, I love living on the island, it's quiet and unhurried, and very beautiful. But if you are a city-loving person you might not like it so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now