ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

YAY!!! We have our own area!! Any more Isle of Wight-ers out there?

(10 Posts)

Just thought I would start the ball rolling. Well aware that I will probably just be waffling to myself. hmm

I live in Newport and am mum to older children (aged 13 - 19).

MissMiaowington Mon 11-Jul-11 18:08:00

I've got a nearly 4 year old, and another small person on the way! East Cowes here!

FreedomChildcare Thu 21-Jul-11 11:46:42

Its great that the isle of wight now has its own mums net page !!

Dysgu Mon 25-Jul-11 02:45:45

Hurray! I was only moaning about being lumped in with Portsmouth a short time ago - and now we have our own local site.

I have a nearly 5 year old - starting school soon - and a 2.5 year old.
In Cowes

LizShore Sat 20-Aug-11 22:16:08

Helloooooo,
I live near Chale Green and have a 2 and three quarter year old boy. Have only just joined Mumsnet as I've been struggling with potty training so thought I would have a little look at what other mums are going through.

Fab that we have our own section. smile

iowmum88 Tue 27-Sep-11 11:31:37

Hi I'm 23 got a 2 year old and jus found out another 1 on the way!!! Live in Newport but movin to ryde in few weeks!! How's every1 goin??? X

iowmum88 Tue 27-Sep-11 11:53:59

Have been on the island 3 years and still havnt managed to make any firm friends so wud be really nice to make new ones as most of my mates either have kids and still go out every weekend and hate the fact I dnt! And others dnt av kids so dnt understand that I can't drop everything at a minutes notice!! Any1 else been in that situation??? X

LittleDove Wed 26-Oct-11 08:14:29

All seems a bit quiet here on the Island! I'd like to introduce myself, I'm a mum of three, all quite grown up now, so I have the empty nest looming. Just wanted to say I know it's a tough job being a Mum, but the most important thing is not to feel alone. We all face difficulties of one kind or another, but a problem shared etc. At the risk if sounding like a real old granny, I wish we had had these forums available when my kids were tiny! Anyway, I would be glad to chat anytime!

IsleofWightTsarina Sat 29-Oct-11 06:38:30

Hello everyone.

So sorry to have not been around.I "lost" this thread! hmm

Can anyone tell me what you want from this IoW section? I do think it would be good to have an active/ chatty thread, one open and friendly, not cliquey and scary!!! shock

Big waves to you all.

glyders Sun 17-Feb-13 21:49:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now