Local Talk

Mum and baby groups on the Isle of Wight

(4 Posts)
CruCru Mon 16-Jan-12 20:19:33

Hi all

I usually live in London but am going to be spending a bit more time in the west Wight over the next few months. I have a 4 month DS and wondered if anyone knows whether there are any Mum and baby groups / meet ups etc in the west Wight (Freshwater / Yarmouth area)?

Thank you

CruCru

hallyally Sun 15-Apr-12 17:31:45

Hi CruCru
My daughter runs two TinyTalk UK groups on the Island.

One is in in Ryde and the other in Newport. You'll probably need to to come to Newport at least once a week, so why not try her group there?
They meet at Quay Street Methodist Hall, on Wednesday mornings at 10.15.
Please take a look at the website:
www.tinytalk.co.uk/emilyp/index.php

In case you don't know about TinyTalk, the classes help babies communicate by signing long before they can talk - making life much easier for you and your little one!
The classes are pro-active with half an hour of signed songs, some with musical instruments, plus half an hour play and social time for Mums. Have a cup of tea, a biscuit and a chat!
Cost is per family and the first taster class is free.
Hope this helps!

luisgarcia Thu 26-Apr-12 01:58:33

There is mini movers in the sports centre in freshwater on Wednesdays at 9:30 am. There is rhyme time in freshwater library at 10:30 am on Fridays. There are lots of other groups and those two should have lists of them all. Having moved here just a couple of months ahead of you I can testify they are all very friendly

Idlegirl83 Tue 29-May-12 20:28:33

I'm from the Island and we are all very friendly! Just joined the local NCT as I think they do lots of activities like walks on the beach, day trips etc which sound good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now