Local Talk

Anyone else here???

(14 Posts)
Flamelie Sat 02-Mar-13 12:22:13

Hello - I thought I would just ask if there are other MNers here on the island? I imagine there must be but where are you all hiding? Do we want our local site to be active and involved - or is everyone happy to stay in hiding and carry on with their own thing?

I have volunteered to be the local ambassador so am just seeing what people here are looking for?

surfbetty Sun 03-Mar-13 09:45:15

I'm on the Island too!
I would quite like to have a more active mumsnet type thing on the island but I've posted before on Mumsnet and only ever got a couple of replies from people on the island. Think it must be a Mumsnet black spot smile
Good to know I'm not the only one out there though!

Flamelie Sun 03-Mar-13 22:14:43

Hello surfbetty yes, it does seem to be a quiet spot although I know we used to have our local site lumped in with Portsmouth so maybe people felt it was not 'worth' coming out of hiding!

Whereabouts are you?
I am in Cowes and have two DDs (aged 4 and 6) and DC3 is due sometime before the end of next month so i am now on maternity leave.

MrBadCrumble Mon 04-Mar-13 00:02:23

I periodically check this bit, and would love it to be more active. I'm a SAHD in Freshwater.

How can I help, Mme Ambassador?

Haveanapplethen Mon 04-Mar-13 18:17:56

Hello everyone smile I'm in Ryde and have 2 dds aged 7 and 9 + a 1 year old dog. I work part time.

It would nice to see the site more active .

What does an ambassador have to do ? < nosey>

Flamelie Mon 04-Mar-13 22:33:53

Good question Haveanapplethen - I am just waiting for the powers that be to give me more information but I thought I would jump in and see if there was actually anyone here first!

surfbetty Tue 05-Mar-13 07:04:00

Hi everyone!

Glad to see I'm not alone!

I live in shanklin area at the moment but will be moving to freshwater in about 2 months. I have a nearly 2 year old and work part time smile

I expect I would probably recognise your face in real life mrbadcrumble - I work in freshwater at the moment grin

MrBadCrumble Tue 05-Mar-13 15:40:30

You probably would then!

Eek

Am I allowed to know where you work?

MrBadCrumble Thu 07-Mar-13 21:43:10

I guess I'm not!

Peeks nervously through curtains

surfbetty Mon 11-Mar-13 13:02:08

Ha ha! Sorry, not been on here for a while smile

I work in a very small place so would be instantly known! Not sure I'm ready for full mumsnet outage just yet blush

justthewayiam Wed 17-Apr-13 19:13:08

Hello Island Mumsnet!

Ive just joined mumsnet and finding my way around. Didnt realise I could speak to other Islanders. How Cool. Ive lived here about 30 odd years now. I have some lovely friends but find the Island a little insular does anyone else. Dont know if its just getting harder for me being 52 and all? Would love to get a new social group going without it looking like a dating site. Just want to start going out again(hubby left 3 years ago) but not looking to date - need like minded people! Do you think they are out there? I get a little free time when my boy (14) is with dad. Any Ideas??????

Ardworkinmuma Wed 19-Jun-13 00:35:37

Hi all Just joined as well. Nice that their are some of us Islanders here. Have 3 grown up babies, love to craft (knitting and sewing not the witch kind lol) and enjoy my gardening too, sound like im ready for my old age lol dont care love it all smile
would love to get to know more mums as im developing empty nest syndrome, coffee and chats would be nice.
Does anyone meet up at all? can I gate crash?

surfbetty Tue 25-Jun-13 16:09:00

Just stumbled across this thread again and thought I should update it really - we decided to move to Cowes instead of Freshwater smile
If there's any Cowes mumsnetters about it'd be great to hear from you!

justthewayiam Tue 02-Jul-13 20:45:36

Hello islanders havnt been here for a while. Gosh talk about a small fish in a huge fishtank, its lonely in here. Well anyway nice to see someone else enjoys their garden, its my new passion and I lose myself in it. Well getting my new life started has reached new lows, nothing moving still and I guess ive given up a bit. Theres work, house and my little boy(14) end of....God im sad, anyone else feel the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now