Pregnancy/ baby services is Ryde

(5 Posts)
Clarity77 Mon 29-Aug-16 09:10:20

I have just moved to Ryde and do not yet know anyone. I'm 3 months pregnant and looking to find out more about maternity services. What are the midwifes / local hospital services like? (I've yet to meet my midwife or get a scan date)
Are there any good ante natal classes in Ryde? Has anyone been to the NCT classes in Ryde? There doesn't seem to be any other NCT activity unfortunately.
How do/ did you meet other mums when pregnant? I also have an older daughter who will be going to Ryde school so hoping to meet mums there but it's harder when they get older as there tends to be less interaction at school.
What about nurseries in Ryde? I will go back to work after a year but would like some groups to attend to and a good full time nursery.
Any ideas gratefully received as feeling a little isolated at the moment and need to do some future planning.

Clarity77 Tue 06-Sep-16 17:08:59

There must be someone out there and using mumsnet on the IOW?
I've found NCT classes in Ryde, anyone been?

Haveanapplethen Tue 06-Sep-16 23:12:49

Hi Clarity, I live in Ryde. If your daughter is at Ryde private school I believe they often have meet ups. A friend of mine lives in Portsmouth, gets invited but tends not to go because of where she lives.

I didn't use NCT myself but my sister did and still 14 years on is in touch with the women she met.

My children are older so its a while since I did the toddler group thing, I used to attend one in George st, and Garfield road I have no idea if they still run. Cheeky chimps Nursery is well regarded.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Btw congratulations. smile

surfbetty Wed 07-Sep-16 10:47:09

I don't live in Ryde so can't help with that but get yourself on Facebook and look for the 'Bumps and Babies' page and 'Isle of Wight Baby Swap Shop'. They are both local sites and you could ask on there for any recommendations. I've noticed quite a few new people to the area post on there and always get a good response / invites to local groups.
Good luck and congratulations!

Clarity77 Thu 24-Nov-16 13:07:23

Thanks for the messages and recommendations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now