Local Talk

Would anyone like to come running with me?

(5 Posts)
Bitzer Mon 26-Sep-11 20:23:25

I live fairly close to Highbury Corner and would like to start running regularly again but find it incredibly dull on my own. Any other runners or wannabe runners out there who'd be interested in a weekly running session round Highbury Fields or something?

I'm v out of practice by the way so would be starting slowly. Look forward to hearing from you

posey Mon 26-Sep-11 20:32:12

I would definitely like to run again. Swim a lot now but haven't run for a long time and could do with a partner to make me go. When would you be running?

Bitzer Mon 26-Sep-11 21:12:52

Ooh, great, didn't expect to get a response so soon. I'm v out of practise running-wise too. I was sort of thinking about early morning but could equally do an evening given a bit of advance warning. What did you have in mind?

posey Tue 27-Sep-11 13:30:44

Your message just popped into my active convos and I always keep an eye on the local boards! Anyway as usual, I jumped in with a yes let's do it before I thought through the practicalities....like fitting in with kids and work and husband...! I am generally free for an hour or so in the early afternoon so prob not at all what you were hoping for! I can't get out in the mornings or evenings, due to family commitments and shift work. Sorry if I got your hopes up smile

AgonyBeetle Tue 27-Sep-11 13:34:16

There is (or used to be) a running group based at Highbury Pool. You could try asking there to see if it's still going. I think they had different groups based on your level.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now