Local Talk

Things to do!

(5 Posts)
MissMI5 Mon 23-Jan-12 17:51:33

Hello everyone. I have a nearly-3-months-old baby girl and I'm keen to find out what we can do in our local area. I go to a few play groups at the local children's centre and have enquired about baby massage/yoga. However I'm keen to find out if anyone knows of anything else we can do? Are there any friendly parents group in the area? Any idea you have will be very much appreciated!
Thanks!!

posey Mon 23-Jan-12 19:16:47

There is a really lovely group that meets onFriday mornings in St Andrews Church in Thornhill Square. 10am I think. It has been going for over 14 years (I went with dd when it first started and she was about 3 months old) and is just very low key, relaxed, someone makes you a drink and chats and no one cares if your baby cries wink . It has been well used by loads of people I know, over the years, and hasn't really altered I don't think. If you want any more details let me know and I'll find out for you smile

MissMI5 Thu 26-Jan-12 21:46:19

Thank you for your suggestion posey! All the best.

Hippoclub Thu 26-Jan-12 23:49:36

Or you could try Hippo Babies which is a drop in just for people with a baby under one year old - Friday mornings at St Augustine's church Highbury New Park - see www.staugustine.org.uk for further details. Small and friendly, sounds a bit like the St Andrew's one

IWTO Sat 07-Jul-12 12:41:37

Hello!

I have just started a Monday morning Mother and Baby craft session in my shop at 57 Amwell Street, Islington (very near Angel tube). This is aimed at mothers with young babies and is an informal session in which mums get to have a chat over tea and cake whilst doing some simple fun crafting. The first morning will be on the 23rd of July. If you're interested and would like to know more please have a look at the 'Clubs' page of my website: www.inwiththeoldme.com

Hope to see some of you there!

All the best,

Alice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now