Local Talk

Photographer

(11 Posts)
joolsssstevens Fri 16-Nov-12 20:28:19

bit new to the area and wanted to find out if anyone had any good baby photographers in the area? Ideally someone that is going to give me the actual files rather than sell overpriced prints?

ejreynolds29 Fri 16-Nov-12 20:38:13

Hiya

I had photos done by a really nice guy locally in Old St. He is doctor actually so was great with the kids, as well as running a photography business. He was very good at giving us the fullsize files and let us print them ourselves, although we also got him to print a couple of really cool hardboard prints which were amazing. Website below:

www.johannmalawana.com
www.facebook.com/johannmalawanaphotography

Emma

rosalockburn1 Fri 16-Nov-12 23:59:46

joolsssstevens

A friend of mine recommended Johann as well so I had some baby photos done by him. He was lovely. Definitely would recommend him. He does spend a lot of time making the pictures perfect afterwards as the photos he sent us were absolutely amazing. The little one had some little blotches which he took away.

Really lovely guy, but also because of his other job, got lots of friendly free advice as well which was lovely.

inreallife Sat 17-Nov-12 08:25:19

Have a look in Services - Other (http://local.mumsnet.com/islington/other)

We already have 3 photographers listed there, and as word of the site spreads, we should soon have more.

Emma

Ourfamilyphoton16 Mon 19-Nov-12 14:42:21

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

anotherstokiemum Fri 23-Nov-12 19:30:31

Hi, I recently used Our Family Photo, which is a new photo venture based in n16. www.ourfamilyphoto.co.uk
They are listed here: local.mumsnet.com/islington/other/55818-family-friendly-photography
They create a 'family-friendly' studio which was brilliant. My two kids felt relaxed and just played and had a brilliant time, so I relaxed and we got some amazing photos of the 4 of us. The photos are relaxed, not cheesy and really capture who we are.
The other brilliant thing is that they give you the JPGs, so you can print them up as many times as you like (we've made prints for BOTH grannies). Much more economical that those photographers who sting you with expensive print prices.
Really recommend them!

joolsssstevens Tue 27-Nov-12 14:59:02

thanks for the advice. I got an appointment with Johann over the weekend and he turned up and did the photos. Was really efficient, absolutely great with the baby and a lovely guy. Great thing was he sent me the photos the next day, all processed and perfect! Cannot beat that for service. Thanks for the tip, will definitely be recommending him to my friends...

AMPhotography Tue 26-Mar-13 15:35:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MultilingualBabySitter Fri 31-May-13 16:31:24

Hi, A friend of mine used a professionally trained photographer.
I'm not sure but I think her website is www.mariaphoto.net/kids. She is very happy with the results.She has published in many important magazines and the price is really affordable.
I'm planning to contact her.I hope this helps.
Amely

marthastewards Wed 26-Feb-14 14:13:01

Hi! I know a great female photographer who specializes in baby photography. She shots wonderful pictures but also knows how to create a nice atmosphere during a photo session and how to make children and little babies cooperate. You can see some of her photos on her webpage here: www.studio-milla.com/london-photographer-gallery/ I can really recommend her as I used her myself for my child's newborn session.

dundy Tue 11-Mar-14 16:22:01

check out also here www.daniellapetkoffphotography.com.
Wonderfull last minute service

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now