Local Talk

Nurseries in N19

(5 Posts)
Janaplanz Sun 09-Dec-12 23:10:50

I am looking to get some recommendation for local nurseries in N19 or the close by area. Could you also give me some advise on how long the waiting lists are usually. I am still pregnant but are not sure when I have to register. At this stage I am planning to go back to work after 9 month. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

inreallife Wed 12-Dec-12 10:01:16

Hi Janaplanz,

We've recently received the education feed from Ofstead, and there is one nursery in N19 - Margaret McMillan Nursery School. At the moment there is only basic contact info. We are hoping to get more info soon.

I can however recommend 'Little Stars'. But they are in the Stroud Green area. They take babies from 3 months to 2 years. Their sister company 'Star Shine' is where they move to from 2 years to 5 years. Both excellent nurseries with great staff.

All good nurseries have long waiting lists, so when baby is here, give them a call.

Janaplanz Mon 18-Feb-13 15:29:51

Thanks that is great. I am happy to look a bit further afield, especially if the nursery is on my way to work. I guess I will have to make the rounds and look at all of them in the area once my baby is here.

nlondondad Mon 25-Feb-13 14:36:26

You should have a look at the Bowler's Nursery in Crouch Hill Park; the postcode is N8 but its only a few minutes away from Margaret Mc Millan.

You should realise by the way the term "Nursery" is unclear as it can mean a place that looks after babies - which is what you are looking for, or it can mean pre school provision attached to a primary school, which of course is for older children than infants, so for example Ashmount School which shares the same new building as Bowlers has a "nursery" in that sense.

pmTea Wed 26-Jun-13 23:33:19

Konstam Children's Centre was great for my DD last year (Chester Rd, opposite Highgate Cemetary and on C11 bus route) and takes them from 3 months.
Otherwise Brookfield Primary School (also on Chester Rd) has an excellent nursery from aged 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now