Local Talk

Is Rowan's Ten Pin Bowling in Finsbury Park being demolished?

(6 Posts)
bananacakeplease Tue 17-Dec-13 10:33:47

Hi all,
Does anyone know about this?
I heard there are plans for it to be knocked down.
What a tragedy that would be!

Would love to know if this is true.

davidbowieisinside Tue 17-Dec-13 14:43:03

I heard about this on Facebook (!) but haven't investigated yet. Think there's a petition going around to save it but I couldn't see what was being proposed instead for the building. Anyone know?

bananacakeplease Tue 14-Jan-14 14:52:55

bumping as I'd love to know more...

MrsSquirrel Fri 17-Jan-14 10:21:17

I heard the proposal is to put in a big block of flats. I don't think they have received planning permission yet, though.

mahonc Tue 11-Feb-14 18:49:36

Yes Haringey Council are considering tearing Rowans down to make way for residential. Please sign the petition (which has all the details of what is intended), and get all your friends to do the same.

http://www.change.org/petitions/haringey-council-say-no-to-the-plan-the-rip-down-rowan-s-ten-pin-bowling-in-finsbury-park

It is being submitted to the council in a few days time, so please get going and sign the petition. there's a good chance with so many signatures the council will be forced to listen.

izzy32 Thu 27-Mar-14 09:52:59

It looks like the council are still planning to knock it down sad

See the Update.
The petition is now delivered....and the Council has responded timidly

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/haringey-council-say-no-to-the-plan-the-rip-down-rowan-s-ten-pin-bowling-in-finsbury-park?share_id=MfDtbOAqnj&utm_campaign=share_button_mobile&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now