Collection of toddler from school

(5 Posts)
PGA1953 Thu 10-Mar-16 16:53:20

My daughter lives in Highbury and has cerebral palsy. She has a young son 2 years old. At the moment she is working as an artist (with some initial success) and her partner has been looking after our grandson since birth. He now has the opportunity to return to work and wants to take it.

Our grandson is able to attend the Gower School in Islington four days a week but the problem is if he goes back to work they have nobody to collect him and bring him home.

Can anyone suggest a solution please? We would be most grateful. Thanks

Ohforchrissakes Fri 11-Mar-16 23:09:47

Could you speak to the school and ask for a recommendation for an after school childminder, or put up an advert if there's a school notice board? It's quite common around here for people to have a childminder/nanny who just works a few hours at the end of the day to do the pick-up, and other parents might be able to recommend one.

Also I have no idea if they would help with this but City and Islington college on Blackstock Road (just up from Highbury) is where a lot of the staff at nurseries in this area did their training. Maybe a student there would be able to do the job and it could fit in nicely with their hours? You could pop in and ask them about it. Hope this helps!

PGA1953 Sat 12-Mar-16 07:55:47

Thanks for that. I have passed that information on to my daughter.

FrancesHaHa Sat 12-Mar-16 08:03:34

I Ɣould try calling the Islington Family Information Service for some advice.
020 7527 5959. I've found them really helpful on advising after school care in the past.

MumToBe2015R Wed 13-Apr-16 00:53:53

Hello, you could send me a private message & we could discuss this. As u was a nanny myself but left due to having a baby last yr. I'm based in islington & looking for something part time. This sounds like something I could help with.
Kind regards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now