Local Talk

Suggestions wanted as to where to donate used baby equipment and clothes

(6 Posts)
RunningWithScissors Mon 26-Dec-11 15:53:48

Hi,

Any local suggestions welcome - thanks smile

TalithaG Thu 29-Dec-11 09:58:16

Hi there
I've just found out im pregnant so would be interested in knowing what you have and if you might sell some of it!
Thx
Tali

itypefast Mon 02-Jan-12 00:30:26

I've just had a clear out and donated toys and clothes to Fara charity shop on Ledbury Road in Notting Hill.
Tali - I buy stuff there too. They sell everything from buggies to hats.

Matnurse Mon 25-Jun-12 10:07:56

I have just come back from a remote village in the north of Laos where I helped them to set up a school. I met a family where there were 3 children under 3, the youngest was 2 weeks old sitting in his mothers arms on the floor of a wooden hut they call home. I collect clothes when I can and take them to the village so any donations of clothes are very welcome as it gets cold there in the winter. The baby was wrapped in a ragged cloth so now he has several babygros but his elder sister and brother just have torn t-shirts.

I can't collect immediately but will be back in London in August.....

Anyone wishing to donate nearly new or new clothes please PM me. Thanks

starchildmum Mon 29-Jul-13 18:52:57

Yes FARA is amazing

Guntie Wed 16-Oct-13 12:36:20

Hi there, I know that the Violet Melchett centre on flood street SW3 are always looking for donations of baby stuff. Then the health visitors pass it on to local families in need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now