Primary School application in K&C

(1 Post)
flatsearch8 Tue 02-Aug-16 15:50:07

Dear mums,

I am considering moving to K&C from Westminster (St John's Wood) as I want a rock-solid state primary school for my DS and Westminster looses to K&C big time on it.

I am considering St Barnabas & ST Philip's, Mary Abbot's, Bousfield, St Joseph's RC, Oratory RC Primary (Bury Walk / Cale St), Christ Church, Our Lady of Victories and Fox.

Our child was baptised in Catholic Church after his 1st BD; we've been attending a Catholic church in Westminster for years (will get a Certificate of Catholic Practice & CIF) - so not in K&C in general and obviously not the target school's church.

We're both non-British but highly educated intl business/finance professionals.

We're renting our flat - so we'll be moving "for real" - no dirty tricks.

I'd hugely appreciate any tips for the above school's admissions from those who's "been there".

In particular, I wonder if the faith schools bypass their official admissions criteria in favour of their own church members/sponsors/volunteers and/or particular nationality or income level of parents - something I've picked up on from MumsNet.

I need to ensure we're not being naive as moving homes is a very painful and expensive step, especially having lived happily in our current area for 7 years.

Also, how is K&C in terms of parks and playgrounds? - is it just Holland Park and Diana's playground in Hyde Park?

Many thanks to those who'd take their time to reply!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now