Local Talk

Nurseries in Sevenoaks

(7 Posts)
Fink Sat 19-Mar-11 10:49:26

We're hopefully moving to Sevenoaks (from the north rather than London as most people on here seem to have...it's clearly the place to be) and want to find a nursery for DD.

She'll be 19 months by then (the start of the new school year) and we'll want a day nursery for 3-3 1/2 days a week. I'm not that impressed with the nursery she's at atm (in Newcastle) so want reccommendations for a good one in Kent.

In particular, I could really do with one which will offer term-time only fees cos I really object to paying for months and months when she's not there, but any suggestions of a good nursery around the Sevenoaks area would be great. I don't know the area at all so any help appreciated!

bearhunter Sun 20-Mar-11 15:06:06

Have a look at Squiggles, Riverhead and Longare, Otford. Neither will offer term-time only and unless things have changed very recently you won't find term time only any nearer than Tonbridge. Good luck with the move.

stacysmom Fri 25-Mar-11 09:43:45

My DD is at Broughton Cottage in Dunton Green, which I cannot reccommend highly enough. As with bearhunter's suggestions they are not term-time only however. All the nurseries in the area seem to charge a similar rate so with us it came down to gut instinct. There is also Teddies at Riverhead, part of a chain but we really liked that one too. Happy hunting.

Fink Sat 26-Mar-11 21:18:13

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at all those. We're coming down for an exploratory visit in May, so we'll hopefully look around then and get on the waiting list somewhere.

tjwrighty Sun 03-Apr-11 21:14:29

Both my girls went to Broughton Cottage in Dunton Green which is part of the Longacre Group and has another nursery in Otford. Not the cheapest...but can highly recommend.

heather79 Wed 04-May-11 15:20:22

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I am also looking at nurseries in Sevenoaks and have narrowed it down to Squiggles and Broughton Cottage. Does anyone know if they have a waiting list?

barbaraavon7oaks Mon 09-May-11 21:49:16

Have you looked at Moniques in Chipstead. Monique and her team are fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now