Local Talk

Moving to Strood/Wainscott/Higham. Help?!?!?!

(3 Posts)
laulums Mon 11-Apr-11 22:35:21

Evening!
Me and my little family (Hubbie, little one nearly 2 and one on the way in Oct) are looking to move to the Medway area in the next few months (hopefully if our flat sells!)

I know nothing about the area although the inlaws are in Gravesend but to be honest when I google North Kent/Medway there isn't a lot of positive stuff to be read so I'm anxious. We've looked at houses in all the areas I've put in the subject bit and it seems Strood is the best value for money when it comes to house size etc and the schools seem good from the ofsted reports- However I would love to hear some honest advice from local Mums.

Oh yes and Frindsbury too, or is that just part of Strood? I'm so confused!!!

Can anyone help me please?

mich1000 Wed 20-Apr-11 10:14:22

hi,

i personally prefer higham/wainscott areas , more open spaces and less "busy". still within 10 minutes of strood centre. Have you considered walderslade woods, or rainham? x

Hello! We moved from London to Rochester last year to start a family, it's just across the bridge from Strood. My research found that Medway schools are generally decent. If you want to be a bit closer to things, we've been looking at City Way and Maidstone Road areas in Rochester, but we need to be close to a station.
Generally our move has been positive and we are glad we did it, but I have found finding new friends harder than I thought, although I hope that will change when we have the pfb in October.
Our neighbours are lovely and there is a sense of community here that we didn't have in London, probably down to all the insane festivals they have going on -
hope you find somewhere soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now