Local Talk

Italian teacher or multilingual groups

(6 Posts)
Stromboli Sat 03-Sep-11 19:08:53

Dear all do you know of any Italian teachers or Italian groups for toddlers in this area ?

Stromboli Sat 03-Sep-11 19:09:39

Dear all do you know of any Italian teachers or Italian groups for toddlers in this area ?

LennieB Fri 16-Sep-11 12:41:38

Hello Stromboli

Have you had any luck on this? I'm looking for exactly the same thing. I'm British and my partner is Swiss Italian. We try to speak Italian at home in the hope that our DD will grow up bi-lingual. So far it doesn't seem to be having much of an effect. She babbles but isn't speaking in either Italian or English. I'd love to find some other Italian families in the area to meet up with or an Italian speaking group to go to. I've asked around and looked all over the internet but can't find anything.
We are due to have a 2nd DD in December and so now I'm even keener to find something.

Stromboli Mon 26-Sep-11 09:21:51

Hello LennieB
it looks like we may have to start a group - what do you think ? do you fancy meeting up for a coffee my toddler is a 3 year old girl and I just had a baby so I am currently on Maternity and would love to meet up and try to encourage the girls to talk Italian. I am away until the 6th October visiting my family in Italy but will be back then perhaps we can organise to meet up? I am free on Thursday or Fridays afternoons, what about you?

LennieB Tue 27-Sep-11 16:14:49

Hello,
Yes, I'd love to. Unfortunately at the moment I'm working full time, so can't do anything for a while. I start my maternity leave on 11th November, and then I'll be around all the time. Can you hang on till then?
I'm afraid you'll have to put up with my rather second rate Italian though. My grammar is terrible! I dont want to be a bad influence on your little girl!

Let me know what you think?
I'd be very keen to meet you.

Stromboli Sun 09-Oct-11 21:52:30

Sure no problem on waiting and on the grammar I will help if you want - lets get in touch in November again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now