Local Talk

Moving to Wadhurst soon I hope!!!

(6 Posts)
EvaSlanes Tue 04-Oct-11 16:58:21

Hello Mums, our little family is moving to Wadhurst in two weeks (provided that we exchange on Thursday!) and I was hoping to find out about any Mummy groups/coffee mornings/toddler groups etc before we arrive. I feel a little bit in limbo at the moment but I think I'll feel a little better once I know there are some nice groups for us to join. I have a 3 year old little boy and a 10 month old little girl. We like to do lots of meet up's and have coffee mornings at our house, so I'm hoping it won't take too long for us to get into the swing of things. Any replies welcome! Thanks smile

Gnatalie Wed 05-Oct-11 15:08:48

I've only just signed up to mumsnet so I don't know much about it but I do live near Wadhurst (Flimwell). We moved 1 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant and I have a 13 month old boy. There is a toddler group on Monday morning in Wadhurst and Rhymetime at the library once a month on Monday which we sometimes go to. There is also stuff in Ticehurst (village between Wadhurst and Flimwell) but we don't go anymore as I work part time. My favourite playgroup at Ticehurst has now stopped though. There's probably much more in Wadhurst than that, I'm sure you'll find it! I did ask the NCT if there were coffee groups nearby but they didn't get back to me (which is typical for me although everyone else seems to find them brilliant). Hope your exchange goes ahead. Moving is stressful!!

EvaSlanes Wed 05-Oct-11 21:32:47

Thanks for your helpful reply Gnatalie. I have emailed Tunbridge Wells NCT about joining and helping out and haven't heard anything back?! so you aren't alone on that score! I'm hoping there will also be some groups in Mayfield which isn't far from where we will be - but I'd also be willing to drive into TW for groups with my baby girl while my little boy is at school. Although being in a new house is exciting, I know the gloss will wear off and I'll go stir crazy if I don't get out and about and meet other Mums. Hope you have found your move worthwhile, it definitely is stressful and we haven't even exchanged yet!!!

PanicMode Fri 07-Oct-11 08:46:18

There is an NCT Tunbridge Wells Facebook page - may be worth posting on that too - I find you get a quicker response!

Good luck with the move.

HollieHeart Tue 19-Jun-12 23:00:32

Hello, I am considering a move to Wadhurst with my husband, 2 year old boy and another baby due in a weeks time. Just wondered what you thought of it now you've been there a while and did you make some Mum friends etc. I have a great group of Mum friends and loads of groups we go to at the moment, so hoping to find the same there. Many thanks

TWBabySensory Tue 25-Sep-12 21:09:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now