SEVENOAKS MUMS?!

(10 Posts)
elk4baby Wed 25-Jan-12 19:11:39

We're coming to try the Gymboree tomorrow and I've just read through their Sevenoaks website section. It says they give 20% off first 3 months to NCT & SEVENOAKS MUMS members. Now, I'm not really after the 20% off (though would be a nice bonus), I'm just wondering what it is.

We're quite new to the area and haven't met anyone yet, so if there are clubs/meet-ups in Sevenoaks (central), we'd like to know smile.

Thanks!

elk4baby Wed 25-Jan-12 19:13:04

I have two toddlers (the younger just turned one, so is officially a 'toddler' now sad), so would really like to meet local mums with young children.

Alycat1 Wed 15-Feb-12 15:01:03

Hi ladies,

We are considering moving to Sevenoaks from SW London and am a bit scared of feeling a bit lonely as used to lots of meet ups/ playdates that keep me sane. Are you enjoying it?

We are in the process of househunting at present. My daughter is 2 and a half and we are thinking of having another one at some point in the near future although I can't say I have fully recovered from having one yet! ;-)

Anyway any reassurance or advice you can give would be v much appreciated.

Jollyb Thu 01-Mar-12 21:41:34

I've recently moved to Sevenoaks and am keen to meet some local mums (and dads) too. My daughter is 17 months old. Please get in touch if you'd like to meet up or have any good suggestions on where to hang out with a toddler.

Thanks

meg11k Mon 04-Jun-12 21:50:52

Hi, I have also just moved to the area with a 16mth old and desperate to find things to do with her. Would love to meet other mums in the area. Please let me know if you are meeting up somewhere.

MDM Sun 10-Jun-12 09:26:36

Hello Jollyb and Meg, did you find many interesting places to go with your babies in the end? I have three (4, 2 and 5 months) girls, and am particularly looking to make find activities/make friends around Sevenoaks. We live In a village just outside.

tubshillparade Sat 26-Mar-16 19:56:44

I am worried by the recent hostility towards the shops at Tubs Hill Parade. Contrary to posted notices, no one on the parade receives a penny from parking charges. The simple truth is that the shops there own their car park and it should be their biggest asset but more often than not every space is taken by illicit parkers. Last week I conducted a daily survey and found that through 11am to 3pm every space was occupied whilst there were 3 or 4 people shopping. That means that 30 cars were there and not entitled to be there.If our customers can't park we loose them. I owned Alberts Dry cleaners for 40 years until 2012 and in all that time the problem was never as bad as it is now! If any one has been charged undeservedly we will reverse the charge but usually we we only act when the rules are blatantly bent. I can be contacted on jeff.nicholls@yahoo.co.uk should any one wish to discuss this issue.
Thankyou.
Jeff.

Jadie1990 Mon 05-Sep-16 15:41:55

Hi ladies, I moved here almost a year ago and have a 13 month old and a 3 year old who's starting preschool next week.
If you're into attachment/ gentle parenting there's a lovely sevenoaks gentle parenting group.
I've tried quite a few playgroups and classes and the only ones I've stuck with are sing and sign (but I go to the dartford one) and we sometimes go to toddler gym at the leisure centre.
I'm going to toddler gym on Thursday if any of you are about and I live right near the town centre if anyone wants to meet up x

Jadie1990 Mon 05-Sep-16 15:52:47

Just realised this is a really old thread lol

user1473148711 Tue 06-Sep-16 10:39:27

Hello - I live in Sevenoaks and work full time. I was wondering if any of you in this group know of nannies or babysitters who can pick my son from my home at 7 am and drop him at his nursery (Moniques Montessori) at 7:30 on all weekdays. This will be perfect for nannies, who start their work in Sevenoaks at 8 am - they will need to start an hour early and it is a simple job of pick and drop - they just need to have a car and be able to drive to the nursery from my house. Any pointers / advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now