Local Talk

Moving to Rochester in a months time

(4 Posts)
JM123 Mon 06-Feb-12 14:32:37

Hi All
I am moving to Rochester in a months time and will know noone!!!! I have a 3 year old boy and wondered if any of had any tips on places to go and meet people!!

Hoo Parents and Toddlers if you drive? I run the group and promise it's very friendly and not at all cliquey....PM me if you need any more details or feel a bit lost. smile

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 26-Mar-12 16:37:21

Hi I live in rainham and am a nanny if you'd like to meet up feel free to pm me, my youngest charge is B-3yrs

WendyWoo1967 Thu 29-Mar-12 17:07:17

Hello there, I moved to Rochester a couple of years ago too, didn't know anyone but its really much easier to make new friends here than it ever was in London ! Last year I used to go to a playgroup at the Borstal Baptist Church on Tuesdays from 10-12 and another one at St Justus Church on the Fairway from 10-11.30 on Thursdays. Sadly I don't get to go to them so often now since having to go back to work after maternity (boo-hoo). There is also a lovely little sing-song group for toddlers and pre-schoolers at Chatham library on a Thursday afternoon - not sure of the timing I think they may have changed it recently. Hope you have settled in happily in Rochester now, its really quite lovely here and the beach is so close too. TTFN

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now