Local Talk

Childminder recommendation/avail ability for after school care please??

(3 Posts)
fulltimeworkingmumtoone Tue 26-Jun-12 14:43:03

Hi, we recently moved to T/Wells and currently my daughter is at full time day nursery, however, having got to know the area more, I'm thinking of moving her to kindergarten in September instead. However, I seem to have come across the problem of after school care needed from 3.30 -5.30! (and few childminders wanting to do just part of the day - somewhat understandably!!) My daughter is 2.5yrs old, and childminders seem to have few places for under 5's, would really appreciate any suggestions/recommendations/advice as have never gone down the "childminder" route before and its feeling a little daunting right now! Thanks so much smile

3duracellbunnies Wed 27-Jun-12 14:12:53

Your best bet is probably to see if there is anyone in the preschool who is already picking up anyway. 3:30 is a tough time as many childminders will also be picking up from schools too, either their own or other children. Have sent you pm

fulltimeworkingmumtoone Wed 27-Jun-12 18:03:28

Hi - thanks so much for your quick reply and thanks for the PM (am trying to figure out how to reply to that too!) Am going to speak to the school for any recommendations or see if there is anyone who already goes there as you suggest. Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now