Local Talk

Thinking about moving to Canterbury

(4 Posts)
l9boogie Sat 25-Aug-12 22:13:41

Dear All,

I would really value your advice with regards moving to Canterbury. My DH has got a job in canterbury starting v soon and we have to move to East Kent in September.

My DS has just turned 2 and we are expecting another in December. One of my worries about moving is that I can't find out much about the indoor & outdoor play facilities as well as toddler groups in the canterbury area.
Although I drive, I prefer to live somewhere I can walk most places with the buggy.

All I have heard so far is that south canterbury (near the hospital) is quite nice, st stephen's hill or harkness drive. However there is not much to rent around canterbury.

Any advice RE: toddler groups, playgrounds and activities would be v gratefully received!! as well as areas to AVOID!!

Thank you x

Hello!

Where are you moving from? I live in Herne Bay (10 mins from Canterbury) and visit Canterbury alot.
Ive also got a 2 year old and am expecting number 2 in Nov.

There isnt a huge amount of toddler/ baby groups in Canterbury. There is a surestart centre opposite the swimming pool but it doesnt run alot of classes. There are a couple of playparks, one by St Stephens and one between the Council Offices and Uni (sorry cant remember the road name!)

Theres more classes in Greenhill/ Herne Bay (both surestart centres) which I attend quite alot.

Theres quite a few animal parks which you can become a member of for a small fee per month and visit as often as you like.
Theres also the beach which is free!

Think thats all for now, if you need anymore info Id be happy to help smile

l9boogie Sun 02-Sep-12 22:22:42

Thank you desperatehousewife21 for taking the time out to reply!!!

We are moving down from London and have finally found a place to rent near the hospital (not looking forward to my commute until November sad)

Will certainly have a look at the surestart centres and those playparks you mention, which animal parks do you recommend? I have heard good things about Howletts!

Might hold you to the more info and PM you when we move.

Thanks again

Yes def Howletts! You can get a pass for £20 which lasts a year it's been a lifesaver for me with a bored ds, even in the winter it's still great to go.

Also theres one called Wildwood it's on the road between Canterbury and Herne Bay. You pay a monthly price of about £7 and can go as many times as you like, again such a great place to go for a couple of hours.

I hope everything goes well with the move, can't be easy with a toddler and being preg!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now