Local Talk

Buses in tunbridge wells

(6 Posts)
Clevans Sun 26-Aug-12 10:26:30

We have just moved to the st johns area of tw and I planning to commute to London from tw station. The walk is over a mile and some days I would like to catch the bus to the station instead. But I'm wondering how reliable the buses are.

HildaHotPants Sun 26-Aug-12 12:27:45

Bumping for you. Not sure about the buses in that area, but the ones out of town are very reliable.

flatpackhamster Wed 29-Aug-12 12:24:08

The problem the buses have is getting through the traffic, which in TW is very heavy. They're regular though.

PanicMode Sun 02-Sep-12 16:17:10

I just used to walk - it's downhill all the way from St John's - and it's good exercise coming back up ;0)! As flatpackhamster says, the traffic is so bad, it's often quicker to walk anyway.

Hobnobshelp Wed 12-Sep-12 14:45:15

Have you considered catching the train from High Brooms? Can be quicker to walk to/ from than TW station depending on which end of St Johns you are. I think buses 77 & 402 drive up the St Johns Road, and can be fairly reliable in my experience - just very busy during school run time in a morning I found.

eatyourveg Tue 18-Sep-12 20:50:54

Quite a few people heading for the square mile have switched to this they go through St Johns

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now