Local Talk

Stone Street/Seal/Sevenoaks

(8 Posts)
2tents Mon 04-Feb-13 15:55:31

Hi there, we have just moved to Stone Street and my wife is due in July.
She would love to get to know some friends locally.

Is there anyone friendly in a similar situation locally??

Hope to hear, many thanks JJ

Freyaee Sat 09-Feb-13 22:46:36

Hi, I live about half an hour away in Gravesend, but I've only just learned that I'm pregnant (5 weeks) so I'm not as far in as your wife. However, I'm in a similar situation. Though I've lived in Gravesend with my husband for two years, we travel to London every day for work and are both originally from other areas, so we don't ever meet any local people, and as a result we don't have any local friends. I also don't know many people who have children - a few of my husband's friends have, but none of mine.

I know I'm still in the early stages, and perhaps not as local as you were looking for, but if your wife is interested in chatting I'd be pleased to hear from her. I'm 26, first pregnancy after an earlier miscarriage, so hoping this will be a healthy one!

Freya

SevenoaksMa Tue 12-Feb-13 14:12:10

Hi,

If you're on facebook search for the Sevenoaks Mums Network group or Sevenoaks and Tonbridge NCT group - it's worth posting on both as there are lots of local mums.

Freyaee Tue 12-Feb-13 20:34:07

Thanks SevenoaksMa, I'll take a look.

SevenoaksMa Wed 13-Feb-13 19:02:14

The NCT hold a coffee morning every Tuesday morning at the bullfinch pub in sevenoaks, for people with bumps and babies. It's very friendly and you don't need to be a member of the NCT to go.

I'd also recommend the ante natal aqua classes at Nizels in hildenborough on a tea night - also good for meeting people. Again, you don't need to be a member of Nizels to go.

SevenoaksMa Wed 13-Feb-13 19:02:33

I meant tues night!

cogitosum Mon 04-Mar-13 17:57:23

I'm a bit late to this but due with my first in July so would love to meet up!

I'm doing antenatel yoga in sevenoaks and will be doing the NCT antenatel classes too so we could bump into each other anyway!

sendy Tue 09-Apr-13 19:38:29

hi ya, I live in stone street if you want to meet for a coffee. I have an 18 month old

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now