Local Talk

Kids festival in whitstable this summer!

(6 Posts)
sarahmorgan Tue 05-Feb-13 13:45:17

Hi All Mums and Dads i was hoping you could help me with a few ideas! I am a whitstable Mum and i want to organise a 'Kids Festival' in the Summer here in Whitstable. It would be a 1 day event and feature local kids entertainers, activities, food\drink and kids products from local makers/shops....
It would be non-profit making and any profits made would go to local/kids charities....
This is where you come in.....Are there any things that you would love to see at a local 'kids Festival'? Are you a local business/maker/practitioner that would like to get involved? How much would you expect to pay for such an event?
Many thanks for any ideas you may have! [Sarah Morgan]

LaurenK81 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:25:21

Punch & Judy puppet show? Something similar to the Hairy Maclary show (http://www.hairymaclaryshow.co.uk)
Great idea to have a kids festival

verity07 Thu 28-Feb-13 14:40:05

Hi Sarah

Sounds like a lovely idea! We'd definitely be up for coming.

I went to an Innocent Smootie Village Fete in London a few years ago and that was very child friendly. It had traditional village fete activities like hook a duck and splat the rat! But they also had a sheep dog display and I remember there being ducks! Maybe a local farmer might be convinced to come with some of his/her animals?

Or the Birds of Prey at Farming World in Faversham are lovely - maybe they might be interested in coming for a charitable event?

Let me know if you need any help with anything smile
Verity

ceramicqueen Tue 21-May-13 19:54:42

Hi sarah, what a lovely idea. Hope plans are still going well. Kent can sometimes be a bit lacking in fun events.

I sell Usborne Books, so a very family friendly product. Would love to have a stall, so do post more details!

Peekaboomoo Mon 03-Jun-13 08:45:04

Great idea. Not much to add but marking place if you know any more info about where/when so we can come grin

Locally to me they do various fairs/local food and craft fete type things and they have leaders from local childrens/toddler classes to run sessions with the children at set times (eg gymboree, musical bumps etc) and it always goes down really well and works for the businesses too as they potentially get new children to their classes.

Peekaboomoo Mon 03-Jun-13 08:46:40

should add these sessions are free

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now