Local Talk

Moving to Maidstone area, advice needed on area and primary schools

(3 Posts)
Ninj76 Wed 27-Feb-13 12:57:26

Hi all.. Im moving to Kent in the summer this year and have 2 children (16 and 8 )... My partner works in a medway town (strood) but I dont want to live in medway areas just from reading on here and word of mouth.. I am sure there are lovely areas in medway but I am thinking the Maidstone area and surrounding villages... Can anyone give me inside info on where is a lovely place to live and also important to me is the primary school for my little girl.
My partner and I have been interested in Hoo and walderslade.. what are they like?
I have ruled out chatham and gillingham just from visits but am wondering what Rochester is like???
Ideally we will be within 20 miles of strood
Any help welcome and feel free to inbox me :-)

jazzandh Thu 28-Feb-13 18:04:25

We are over the other side in Kings Hill, West Malling. Kings Hill is a new build development, West Malling has older more traditional properties. Primary schools on Kings Hill are good, as are ones at Offham and Mereworth. Straight run through on the A228 to Strood so an easy commute max 25 minutes I would say.

Also not far from Tunbridge Wells/ Bluewater.

HTH

Babyrooboo Mon 04-Mar-13 12:07:43

We moved from London to Maidstone in 2007 and lived there for 3 years. We never really felt that we fitted in there and decided to move to Tunbridge Wells when my son was due to start school. Maidstone has the lovely new shopping area which in retrospect deceived us into thinking that it was a nicer town than it really is. I think that TWells and the surrounding villages are lovely. Cranbrook is highly sought after. I appreciate that they might be a bit far for you though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now